Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please welcome new moderator!

Liked

Re: Please welcome new moderator!

I see scottish-guy is still unable to explain what his "opinion" is hidden in words "deaf Russian ears"
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

I don't even understand the question - are you suggesting it was a racist remark?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    are you suggesting it's a racist remark?
    you wrote post with words "deaf Russian ears" and then you wrote post, what first post was "opinion"... so I'm just asking: what opinion is hidden in words "deaf Russian ears"? there is no suggestion in my question - it is just a question...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think you're getting confused Moses, It was I not Sg who wrote about "deaf russian ears" - actually what I said exactly was " so why waste time discussing such matters even perhaps as such posts fall for sure on deaf Russian ears I fear" - maybe you're not understanding my meaning, but the use of that phrase does not imply that you are "actually" deaf but rather it means that "there's no point in having this discussion as I doubt Moses would want to hear it or listen anyway"

That wasn't an insult or me calling you deaf in case you think it was ( as you seem to have ) - it was me suggesting that "in my opinion" that you simply wouldn't be interested in listening to any opinions being expressed anyway re this matter as you have your own views about it and to date you have never appeared to shown any great interest in hearing board members views on ANY subject as you've stated quite clearly that "this isn't a democracy" etc.

The Russian part was literally me saying that as you ARE Russian ( I presume) and that meant nothing more than that.

I hope that clears that up for you.

Also ( Jellybean) just for the record I am neither concerned or unconcerned about the number of Mod's - I do personally think there's too many for a board this size and it seems a few others agreed with that also, however I also accept that there could well be reasons for that decision which we lesser mortals enmasse are not aware of and I fully accept that.

You however kindly took the time to point the owners reasons for his thinking, which on reading your post does actually make some sense ( I still haven't changed my opinion but do see the other side of the conversation from the board owners view now too) .

My isn't it amazing what a simple civil post does to clear things up, perhaps Moses should appoint you as his offical board spokesman to avoid his apprent urge to jump on his board contributors for any precieved slight, intended or otherwise lest they ever express any opinion on the forum - on the page for discussing matters regarding the forum.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    you wrote post with words "deaf Russian ears" and then you wrote post, what first post was "opinion"... so I'm just asking: what opinion is hidden in words "deaf Russian ears"? there is no suggestion in my question - it is just a question...
    Moses, I think you have lost the plot altogether - I wrote nothing of the sort.

I suggest you address your "question" to the person who wrote about "deaf Russian ears" - which was NIrish, and not me - but since you have asked, I believe he was expressing his opinion that you don't listen to any criticism, but he is well able to speak for himself (as I'm sure he will)

Liked

Well, clearly my reply "crossed in the post"!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Well, clearly my reply "crossed in the post"!

op-s.. sorry, yeah...

Liked

In what way was I "agressive?"

Forthright, yes.

I'm just sick and tired of sglad's constant stream of lame insults aimed at me. For example, close to half of all his posts in the last 2 weeks have targeted me. Stupid, snide remarks. He had the good sense to delete one.

He has now returned to gaythailand.com and started to attack me over there, as he knows he can no longer insult members with impunity on this board.

And for you, sglad, to equate seeking explanations from Matt as to his blindness with your degrading post targeting a member here is ludicrous.

Please show me where I demanded matt post his medical records. From memory, I asked for a couple of words;viz "optic nerve", from his medical report, not his entire medical records.

I questioned matt's story, as have many others here. Did you conveniently forget about them?

There is nothing wrong with doubting the credibility of someone's story, especially if they refuse to explain contradictions whilst continuing to post the same story ad finitum.

There is no yellow card issued for questioning that.

Oh, and SG, have you been guilty yourself of "aggressive responses" recently? Or would you, like me, call direct responses "forthright?"

Those two words are not the same and convey different messages.

Just wondering.

9. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 5th, 2018)

Liked

Whether you see your remarks as "aggressive" or "forthright" isn't really the point - as a moderator do you not agree you should be above petty disputes and public arguments with Sglad (or anybody else for that matter)?

That's why I said I was "saddened"

As for myself, I'm just one of the plebs so it really doesn't matter if I am aggressive, forthright, even provocative - we don't count (as we are constantly reminded)

Liked

Moses wrote.
    "I see scottish-guy is still unable to explain what his "opinion" is hidden in words "deaf Russian ears"

I was never able to work out what Scottish Guy and NIrish actually want and what their main complaint is. I still can't.

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 5th, 2018)