Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Liar Len

Banned
    Liked

Re: Liar Len

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    You will NEVER make this work and the “system” is this then only left open to abuse by yourself and mods and does nothing to either improve your board or the quality or number of posters.
    I see endless opportunities for entertainment. Apposite, or what?

Liked

You will NEVER make this work and the “system” is this then only left open to abuse by yourself and mods and does nothing to either improve your board or the quality or number of posters.
    dreams... dreams...

actually I did already... and will continue with my plan... since you have no idea about it, - you cannot give me qualified advise, so I will continue to use my 16 yaers of experience from my other 2 forums here...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Good luck with that then as I’ve a feeling you and I have too very different definitions of the word working then perhaps - maybe we’re reading it from two different dictionaries eh.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Opps that should have read "two' very different definitions of course !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    you are right, it is very subjective point in infraction system, that why we should check with dictionaries - if word is marked as offensive, should be infraction then, if word isn't marked as offensive in dictionary - then infraction shouldn't be applied
    And what if a person NEVER SAID the word unilaterally deemed offensive in the first place Moses - theres no way that could be an "offence" is it?

What concerns me (and should concern everybody else) is that there doesn't seem to be any right or form of appeal against decisions. Please explain why you consider that unnecessary. Is it that the moderation team is not only "immune" as you have already stated, but they're now "infallible" as well?

What further concerns me (and this is certainly not meant to be offensive) is that your grasp of the English language is clearly not 100% and yet you seem to be putting yourself in the position of adjudicating on its nuances and as a possible result of that maybe applying flawed interpretations to what people are posting.
    Last edited by scottish-guy; December 6th, 2017 at 18:41.

Liked

Further - why are you disclosing my "points status" to everybody by posting it publicly

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Apart from the meaning of the word, and whether it is listed in the dictionary as offensive, the context of it's use and the intent of the poster is also relevant in any decision as to whether another member might be offended by it, requiring a poster to be sanctioned.

For example if I were to refer one of the members, or even moderators, as a cocksucker, is this merely a statement of fact, as I am completely confident that members here have indulged in this activity at one time or another, or is this offensive.

So much to take on board, no wonder the need is for three moderators to implement this system.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    ... whether another member might be offended by it, requiring a poster to be sanctioned..
    But "Another member" might be "offended" by something which the rest of us find quite innocuous - this is why the system cannot work on an edgy board.

It might be suitable for moderating the Women's Institute board, but not this one

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think the entire system needs to be retarded until thought out more - opps I used that word again. FUCK ! Shit, I hope no one is offended by my FUCK there btw, so we can talk about fucking the shit out of Thai boys for 500 baht but whatever we do lets not be offensive now guys - just remember that eh. Moses this is all a lot of bollox if you ask me ( which I accept you didn't but hey it's a free country - here - so I might as well say that while I can). You're simply creating problems where they don't exist on your board trying to implement a system thats fatally flawed to begin with ( especially on a board with about 20 active members who've all been posting here for YEARS without your super duper new infraction system being needed it seems), so, as i said good luck with it, it's going to be fun watching you roll it out ( fairly and equally amongst ALL members) .

Liked

as i said good luck with it
    Thank you.

it's going to be fun watching you roll it out
    Tell me the same in one year.

I can give you even more ideas about future changes. Next my steps will be punishment of derailing topics in main forums (Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, World) - "stay on topic or open your own", punishment of meeting every new member with words "you are hydra/clone" - "it isn't your business unless you are moderator".
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com