Liked

Re: Music..Drink..Astra

Did you receive Pfizer or Astra Zeneca?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Did you receive Pfizer or Astra Zeneca?
    Being that my first dose was AstraZeneca I followed with the recommended 2nd dose of Astra I also ordered through a local hospital 1 dose of Moderna as a booster sometime in December.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

3. 5 Users gave Like to post:

francois (October 1st, 2021), goji (October 1st, 2021), poshglasgow (October 2nd, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 2nd, 2021), splinter1949 (October 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Being that my first dose was AstraZeneca I followed with the recommended 2nd dose of Astra I also ordered through a local hospital 1 dose of Moderna as a booster sometime in December.
    I presume the latter is private ? Do they require proof of residency to book this ?

In the UK, the booster doses will be either Pfizer or half a dose of Moderna, given a minimum of 6 months after the second dose. By the time I'm entitled to my UK booster, I could be in Thailand.

It the Thai hospitals offer mRNA vaccines to anyone for a reasonable price, it solves that problem.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Congrats on being fully jabbed.

You may want to consider getting your booster a bit later than December. According to the experts (there's a billion of them) around 6-8 months after the second jab is recommended. Tests are still in the process of determining the best duration for the the boosters but 6 months seems to be a pretty good bet.

Also, the experts are suggesting that we don't mix vaccine types (even for the boosters), as there is not enough data yet to reach a conclusion on this. Getting a jab of Moderna, even with its slightly higher efficacy level than the AZ you received, probably wouldn't make any difference anyway. I know that I'm staying with the same vaccine during this whole roller coaster ride.