Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone identify where...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Can anyone identify where...

Anyone able to translate the Thai script in these pics.
    I’d like to know where they were arrested.
    Many thanks

Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Re: Can anyone identify where...

Pictures have been shot in a police station outside of Bangkok, in a place called "Chang ... something" (the something not being visible on the pictures).

Could be in Chang Phuak Police Station in Chiang Mai city but there are many other "Chang ... something" in Thailand
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

Liked

What I can read is สถานีตำรวจภูธร(thai word for elephant messes up post)(covered)ะ(covered)
    and putting this into google gives
    สถานีตำรวจภูธร(thai word for island messes up post)ช้าง(but here Thai word for elephant does not mess up post!) - Amphoe Ko Chang - Police Station ...
    Trat province, Ko Chang district (Ko Chang island).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So it’s not in the Surin area?

The reason I ask is because my “friend” near Surin tells me he has been arrested for selling them alcohol and needs money....blah blah.

Any help to def eliminate Surin appreciated!!

Liked

I just browsed the list of provincial police stations in each one of the thai provinces (including Bangkok) and found another two stations in places called "Chang ..." : Chang Yai in Phra Nakhon Sri Ayuthaya province and Chang Klang in Nakhon Sri Thammarat province.
    However no one of these (and neither does Chang Phuak) match with the letter " ะ " showing on the last picture (between policemen nr 2 and nr 3)- but this could be irrelevant.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 23rd, 2020), Kowboy (April 23rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    What I can read is สถานีตำรวจภูธร(thai word for elephant messes up post)(covered)ะ(covered)
    and putting this into google gives

Trat province, Ko Chang district (Ko Chang island).
    Elephants nothing to do with Surin? Elephant festival ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Were both pics taken at the same location? Looks like the pics were taken in different locations at different times to me and published in some article(s). Were they re-posted on somebody's FB page? The first pic shows a group possibly being hauled up for breaching a social distancing/curfew rule, with the whiskey bottle prominently displayed as "evidence". I think it was taken at Chang Puak police station in Chiang Mai.

The second pic shows a different group holding up the confessions they had signed - can't tell what for. Probably the same thing as breaching curfew/social distancing is the most common crime right now, especially among farang and Thai youngsters and one they want to make an example of.

The pics were recently taken as all of them were wearing masks. So can't be at any festival as all festivals have been banned since the emergency decree. I don't think they were taken in Surin at all.

Liked

Let's dig into the internet a bit.
    A reverse picture search on tineye.com doesn't show me the link to the original article, but I can get the complete picture.

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZO8uCIupd0EFoj5nYgpWOfy04cD6Fy.jpg

I'm not great at reading Thai, so google lens to the rescue. It's the police station in Chang Phueak.
    A google maps search reveals that it's less or more 900 km from Surin.

10. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (April 22nd, 2020), christianpfc (April 23rd, 2020), GWMinUS (April 22nd, 2020), Jellybean (April 23rd, 2020), sglad (April 22nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    The reason I ask is because my “friend” near Surin tells me he has been arrested for selling them alcohol and needs money....blah blah.
    I'm sure he's telling the truth. By the way, I've got a bridge that I want to sell. Spesyial koronawairuss promochan priight just for youuuuuu...

Liked

The second picture comes from a report in Siam Rath newspaper about six men being arrested on April 4th at 0.30 am in Sri Saket town, Sri Saket province. This town is located between Surin and Ubon Ratchathani towns and about 100 km far from Surin town
    The six men are 23 to 33 y/o old, and were arrested because of failure to respect the curfew.

13. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (April 22nd, 2020), christianpfc (April 23rd, 2020), Jellybean (April 23rd, 2020), sglad (April 22nd, 2020)