Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
Smiles, it's a message forum. It's not like we're "NASA control center" complex here. Here, do this......
it is I think very telling that the only two users to "Like" this post (which does not really address any of Smiles' issues) were the two board owners!

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
The same with forum - we moved from outdated software to more modern - it is question of forum's security. We all should adopt it.
rubbish, all you have done is swap one set of security issues for another - or haven't you read the vbulletin security patches?

it is interesting to note that you claim on the main site home page that you still need to maintain different login and passwords for the main site and for the forum - for security reasons! no, you just don't know how to implement it

web sites can be "modern" and they can be "secure" but it takes skill and good software and good design and vbulletin is not a universal panacea even if you are committed to it because Surfcrest purchased it a few years ago - and this site is not a shining example of a good implementation of vbulletin as part of web site so stop trying to pass it off as we the end users needing to suck it up and adopt to "modern" web sites!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
My criticism is purely about simplicity and what the real deal is all about on this kind of message board. Just look at Gaybutton: ... it's just plain simple in terms of starting topics or answering posts. It's clean, it's uncluttered, it knows what it wants to be, it does not throw in the kitchen sink when addressing the only thing a member really wants to do is read, respond, go home.One can, I guess, do that here as well here, but it's wildly top heavy in my opinion.
I would add "needlessly" to throwing in the kitchen sink, but also it does not throw out the baby with the bathwater ... yes the site owners here need to attract new site visitors but there is no reason why you need to alienate existing users, particularly regular and power users

however you don't seem to understand how to do this and instead are just obsessed with adding features, with making the site look more "social networking", more "newsy", more "modern" but you don't understand how to attract and keep new visitors so you don't know how to present and organize third party news content so you don't understand how to structure the site and hence structure the navigation, you don't understand page design for responsive templates so you page layouts don't work well, you don't understand how to evaluate forum features to select ones that will add most benefit for both new and existing users so you clutter up the interface and confuse people ... etc, etc, etc

as much as I disagree with some of the editorial and moderation policies here, like Smiles I find it more acceptable than some of the other gay thailand forums, unlike Smiles I have years of experience in navigating badly implemented vbulletin and other forum software on various sites so I find it fairly easy to do basic navigation and just ignore all the obstacles you seem determined to put in my way but other visitors, both new and existing, may not be as forgiving

bkkguy