Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hydras / Trolls / Ignore

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Upside of This Mess

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

This forum isn't exactly a bustling online metropolis. There's maybe 20 members here...
    There's thousands of members here. They just don't say anything. Maybe this will change.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    A separate Thread would probably gain more visibility - which would be the intention.
    And I thought yesterday was fun.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 21st, 2021)

Liked

There's thousands of members here. They just don't say anything. Maybe this will change.
    No. Visitors thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, members hundreds, about 200-250 is core of daily visiting members.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

No. Visitors thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, members hundreds, about 200-250 is core of daily visiting members.
    Thanks for the clarification:

With a volume of 200-250 daily visiting members, and only 20-25 who actually participate in Board discussions, there's definitely an opportunity to grow this number, as I'm sure you're aware.

I'm sure everyone here has an idea or two as to how to accomplish this. I only have one:

- Remove any obstacles that would prevent people from wanting to participate.

People want to have fun on forums - not do battle with invisible forces like some child's video game.

6. User who gave Like to post:

goji (May 21st, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

not do battle with invisible forces like some child's video game.
    What an interesting thought - video games with INVISIBLE forces.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

I If the answer is "no", then I intend to post the statements above on a separate Thread to gain greater visibility.
    And to gain greater attention to yourself, all in the name of the public good.

9. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (May 24th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    And to gain greater attention to yourself, all in the name of the public good.
    https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...No-platforming

Liked

When Beachlover was flooding the board, it took the the admin a very long time to Ban him. My opinion is that Beachlover was generating 'Clicks" for the board and thats what mattered most.Nothing to do with the fact that he was driving "normal " posters to distraction, he was good for business!
    Posters here need to understand, from the admin point of view ,you are merely a resource, ie you are both the product and the customer ..so to speak. People may think its their place for a friendly chat and a laugh....and it can be...however the owner might view it differently!

"The more things change, the more they remain the same"

12. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (May 21st, 2021)

Liked

As Dodger says, the way forward is to use the IGNORE feature.

The only other question is do the 10,000 visitors come here to read the bullshit put out by the hydras or to read the more interesting stories put out by members ?
    If the latter, remember that if too much of the content is nonsense from hydras and trolls, it does not help to retain members.

The most popular thread on my "New" list today has nearly 50,000 views and is a largely factual thread on Nice Boys, supported by genuine members generating content. Compare & contrast with the least popular.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 21st, 2021), francois (May 21st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    My opinion is that Beachlover was generating 'Clicks" for the board and thats what mattered most.Nothing to do with the fact that he was driving "normal " posters to distraction, he was good for business!
    Posters here need to understand, from the admin point of view ,you are merely a resource, ie you are both the product and the customer ..so to speak. People may think its their place for a friendly chat and a laugh....and it can be...however the owner might view it differently!
    What "clicks" do you mean? Board is free from advertising. The only ads are from mine Siamroads, but it is died for now because of COVID.

And "from admin point of view": for to be "friendly place" some members should use ignore function and should stop to accuse other members as a hydra without proof. Because "I believe" or "I think" isn't proof - it is witch-hunting and lynching. At past few years every (every!!!) new member got accusation in been hydra. It is not active position. It has another name: paranoia. And I don't want to join this hunting. I believe in idea: person is not guilty until proven guilty .

Robots here patrolling forum 24/7/365. Each login, each registration is verified by them. We decimate/ban clones in 3 seconds after they have finished registration (about 600-1000 yearly). Wanna see? From admin page, banned at past year

1621583298(1).png
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

mr giggles (May 21st, 2021), Surfcrest (May 23rd, 2021)