Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firecat69 has died ...

Liked

Firecat69 has died ...

... apparently yesterday in the United States.
    Firecat69 was a member of Sawatdee since 2006. Erudite, spoke his mind when necessary ... although for the last few years had not posted much.

A topic from him I've copied below. It was this kind of topic was well-known ... the type of post that most of us enjoyed. My my my he wrote this when Bangkok was vibrant. No more.

My 1 month stay in Bangkok

I have been in Bangkok since September 2 and will be leaving in 6 days. I have spent a lot of time on Soi Twilight and here are my observations.

The last week it appears that high season is approaching because the number of boys has increased by at least 50% and more at some bars.

I look for versatile boys who particularly like to Bottom and don't mind 3 ways. I have been to all the bars except Future Boys.

X Size --- Early in my stay 40 boys on stage now double that. Unfortunately the look for the most part is not to my taste. Rough and older. Greater % are Tops only. Mamasans seem to know their boys and are not pushy.

Classic- Maybe 30 boys, few more added recently. Boys are all on the smaller side . Probably mostly Gay and Versatile but for some reason did not take anyone this trip yet.

Dream Boys and Boys Bangkok-- Same bar with same boys on 2 levels. At least 100 boys most nights. Lots of great bodies of all sizes. Unfortunately every boy I like is a Top. They have versatile or Bottom boys but a small percentage and certainly not the ones with the good bodies.

Hot Male--- Maybe 30 -40 boys Same as X Size . Not much to look at IMO and mostly Top.

Fresh Beach-- There early in the trip. Maybe 20 boys. I think they have added some lately . Always a few handsome boys but once again Tops.

X Boys-- I know I sound like a broken record or part owner but X Boys just blows the competition away in my opinion.

If you like athletic boys with 6 packs but not too big and versatile in the bedroom , then just go to XBoys. There are so many attractive boys with nice athletic bodies in there that I lose count some times. May 40- 50 boys now. The other thing that is nice are the Coyote dancers on the four corners of the stage which bring energy to the place as well as being sexy.

I have never taken a boy from there who does not do exactly what he says he will do. If you don't ask before then your fault if you are disappointed. I would say less then 20% are strictly Tops. Many of the boys there are willing and eager to do 3 ways even if with their friends. Just pick the first boy and then ask who he likes to be with in a 3 way.

I am sure you notice I have not mentioned the shows and that is because I don't go to them . I go to the bars to find a boy and take him home, not look at the same tired shows. I did however catch the last part of Dreamboys one night and was impressed with the presentation.

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

2. 11 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 12th, 2021), Armando (January 12th, 2021), arsenal (January 12th, 2021), Aux1010 (January 12th, 2021), BenCH (January 13th, 2021), dab69 (January 12th, 2021), Dodger (January 13th, 2021), llz (January 14th, 2021), splinter1949 (January 14th, 2021), TaoR (January 12th, 2021), Zebedee (January 12th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Firecat69 has died ...

“erudite”?????!!!!! Jesus wept. I recall lunching with him one day and mentioning the name of the Boys Bangkok boy whose company I had enjoyed the previous evening and hoped to enjoy again later in the week. Shortly afterwards I received an SMS from said lad informing me that firecat69 had told him I had AIDS (I don’t). He was a first-class [insult deleted] and was as I recalled banned by Surfcrest or his predecessor. He commuted when I knew him between (again as I recall) Seattle where his ailing father lived, and Thailand.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Manforallseasons (January 12th, 2021)

Liked

I knew him only by his writings on Sawatdee and GayThailand. Never met him in the flesh.
    I certainly defer to your knowledge of his personality. One other member here has PM'ed me along the lines of what you say.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

That description by Firecat69 and reposted by Smiles certainly rings bells - very distant bells. I wonder when it was posted as he states that most of the boys in the various bars he describes were tops. Looking back to my first visits to Bangkok in the late 80s and 90s, finding bottom boys in the bars was a breeze. In fact I got the impression that a majority were bottom - or certainly extremely versatile. Since he mentions HotMale, I reckon it must surely have been posted after around 2000 when the original Twilight bar changed its name and revamped its interior.

But the memories of so many boys in each of the bars illustrate, as Smiles states, how radically the gay bar scene has changed and how it is now a mere shadow of what it once was. So sad!

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    I knew him only by his writings on Sawatdee and GayThailand. Never met him in the flesh.
    I certainly defer to your knowledge of his personality. One other member here has PM'ed me along the lines of what you say.
    You can reasonably infer from the single post of his you quoted that he regarded having first dibs on every gogo boy in Soi Twilight as his inalienable right. I hadn’t heretofore realised that it’s possible to insult the dead, but as a Moderator has seen fit to edit my post I guess that must be so. Perhaps I should explain that my contact with him was via the now defunct “Cruising for Sex” board where the Moderator was none other than the poster who now holds himself out here as “sglad”.

8. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (January 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I had the unpleasant opportunity to have American Thanksgiving with him and Micheal of GayThailand fame year’s ago at the Amore restaurant in Pattaya also with the now deceased company of another poster “Windwwalker”.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

My apologies I meant “Rainwalker”.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (January 12th, 2021), goji (January 12th, 2021), Zebedee (January 12th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    My apologies I meant “Rainwalker”.
    You were in the right ball park...Wind,Rain and Fire.

13. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (January 12th, 2021)

Liked

There is a convention that we speak positively of the deceased, or say nothing.

I'm just about managing to follow that, with difficulty.

<End of post>

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    There is a convention that we speak positively of the deceased, or say nothing.
    What a fabulous fellow that Pol Pot was.

16. 4 Users gave Like to post:

goji (January 12th, 2021), Lovechef (January 13th, 2021), Manforallseasons (January 12th, 2021), siscu58 (January 14th, 2021)