Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just published an ebook

Liked

Re: I just published an ebook

Joe, take a look at www.lulu.com. It's print on demand and you can order 1 paperback or 100. It's easy to upload your manuscript and construct your paper or hardback.

2. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (July 7th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Their cut is around 20%, so not too bad. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know. I used Go Fund Me to cover the publishing costs, and their cut was much higher. Wouldn't recommend them
    For all practical purposes, self-publishing via Amazon is free for eBooks. You write your book in Word, use a free programme like Calibre to convert it into the right format, and upload it to Amazon via their publishing tools. The "cost" to you is their percentage of the sales ie. it's all in the future, and wholly dependent on people buying your book

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (July 7th, 2018), poshglasgow (July 9th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Bob, Amazon offers a free kindle reader software for use on any pad or computer or phone.
    Thanks, Paborn. Indeed, downloading the Kindle app for my PC was accomplished in a few minutes and I have just finished reading Joe's book.
    Good to have you young folks on hand to bring the seniors up to speed on high tech matters.

(Went to Amazon, typed "Amazon Kindle App' and clicked on the PC & Mac box to download. From there went to Amazon Kindle choices and opened Joe's book.)

6. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (July 7th, 2018)

Liked

Hi Joe - publishing a book - well that was completely unexpected.

I bet nobody saw that one coming - you clearly have hidden depths. It's a bit like myself - I never knew I had it in me till I was about 14

Anyhow I see you've already had a 5 star review - we just need to figure out which SGT reader it is who calls himself Brenda Harrington

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (March 15th, 2019), joe552 (July 7th, 2018)

Liked

My readers are actually mostly women, or transvestites possibly. I'm having a book launch party at the end of the month and hope to meet some of my adoring fans. I've missed you lot.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

10. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (July 7th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My readers are actually mostly women, or transvestites possibly. .
    Serious question - how do you know - can the e-book seller see a final list of on going purchasers then so you can re advertise on to them later perhaps ?

Liked

Sorry, I really didn't understand the question. It's on Amazon. I've just figured out how to get the number of sales. I've no idea if I can find out who bought it. I have a page on FB with over 700 people, most are women. That's where my comment came from.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sorry, I really didn't understand the question. It's on Amazon. I've just figured out how to get the number of sales. I've no idea if I can find out who bought it. I have a page on FB with over 700 people, most are women. That's where my comment came from.

Ahhh yes, that's what I meant i.e how or could you even see on Amazon the gender of your purchasers to enable you to say most of your customers were women in the first place, but yes I see then, so good old facebook answers that question for - as well as what they had for their dinner and what their favourite likes, dislikes and darkest secrets are too no doubt !!

PS if you've never looked at your own facebook data and likes etc as stored in their "privacy check up's and privacy shortcuts" as viewable by clicking on the stood by them in their privacy help centre question mark at the top right of your screen beside the notifications tab etc then maybe do so someday as it's quite unbelievable the amount of raw data the buggers collect ( and sell on) about you - and the worst part it is of course all totally freely given to them by us the users for the mere "pleasure" of using their site no less.

14. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (July 7th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"stood by them" SHOULD have read "on the question mark in their privacy help centre - I've no idea where stood by them came from even !

Liked

If anyone wants to take a look at my FB page - very Dublin centric - it's Joe Kelly Here and There. i have a continuing story which I write every night - what we called a follyin' upper when we were kids.