Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: More hydra talk

Liked

Re: Thailand's Reopening Announcement

If every member kindly sends me their full ignore list I will endeavour not to quote anybody on it.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
    If every member kindly sends me their full ignore list I will endeavour not to quote anybody on it.
    Sglad, Mr.giggles, StevieWonders….This would be a good start.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    yeah - and just imagine how good it would be if that one poster didn't bother posting under their usual multiple handles, leading to people to not HAVE to put them on ignore in the first place !
    The thing is I, for one, don't believe all the paranoia about so many posters being someone else. You suspect that some posters may be multiple hydras, but Moses denies it. We know, or suspect, that some posters have previously posted under other names, but no one to my satisfaction has demonstrated beyond reasonable that anyone has posted under multiple handles at the same time.

If all these names that are bandied about as heads of hydras actually were hydras, aren't the Gang of Five just drawing attention to them by continuously stating this. What is that going to achieve......? Can't you all just ignore, in the normal way, those people who you believe to be hydras without making such a song and dance about it!

Have we had many new posters joining us recently? No because as soon as they appear they are jumped on as clones by the Gang of Five. They may be or they may not be, but can't people just take as they find! If you don't want to engage with a poster don't, but just because you don't want to there is no need to exhort everyone else to ignore or abuse!

Apologies NIrish, this is not all directed at you alone, but at the group who share your stated perspective.

For me, a couple of the people referred to as clones are actually the most perceptive and knowledgeable about real Thailand as opposed to Pattaya of all the posters here, and they have very different viewpoints and are absolutely not the same person. I say that, puffing out chest, as someone who has been visiting Thailand as backpacker, as employee, as businessman and holidaying as entitled visitor, for 50 years.

I would just note also that the Gang of Five have all been on the wrong side of a particular acerbic tongue, as have I, but that doesn't justify a campaign to get said poster banned or ignored. It's the internet, it's a forum, it isn't a fireside chat, get over it. I, for one again, am happy that writing complacent bullshit is called out on this forum.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Khor tose (June 21st, 2021), mr giggles (June 19th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Apologies NIrish, this is not all directed at you alone, but at the group who share your stated perspective.

I would just note also that the Gang of Five ....
    Noted - and nor should it be and as far as I'm concerned there is no 'gang" of anything - I think for myself and the fact that others seem to have reached the same conclusions is just not so surprising as far as I can see. The fact the you hold a different view doesn't make you a gang of "one" ( or two or however other many people may share you view) - that's just your opinion, which you're as equally entitled to hold as I and others are of course.

And re banning anyone, I dont believe I've ever called for that, I simply believe we should all have one profile and post under it as per the rules for the long term good of the board in general, it's really not that much of a thing to expect perhaps with such a small number of posters and the subjects that we cover I would have thought.

But as I said to Moses when I last commented on this topic a while ago now ago ( as like others I REALLY couldn't be arsed even getting into it anymore here as the whole thing has just become farcical in my opinion and personally have just started posting elsewhere now again when I feel like it to avoid all this nonsense). Bottom line - It's Moses' board, his rules and he's made his view very clear on the subject so that's that - and as I said to him back then - "good luck!"

As to whether posters use the ignore function or "literally" just ignore a poster ( and their hydras) is of totally up to them each of course and this is the whole point of the "ignore" function and why it's provided . We can't really complain about someone posting a topic close to a similar topic that may have coincidentally posted already by someone who THEY have on ignore, when of course they wouldn't have seen that post in the first place- that's hardly that 2nd posters fault.

Also when posters then decide to "repost" a posters comments "for information" ( or no good reason some might say) that too simply defeats the whole purpose of the ignore function surely for those who have chosen to use it, meaning those like myself who dont bother using the ignore button ( for the very reasons outlined above ) just end up having to read the same post concerned multiple times over - with THAT then perhaps leading to posters starting to use the ignore button ! This then just adding to the problem of the communication between members just going round and round in ever decreasing circles until it disappears up it's own arse - perhaps for good.

But anyway, like I said to Moses "good luck" - I for one simply ignore what I dont like here and move on as best I can - just as you seem to be suggesting- others can and should and are entitled to do just whatever THEY please too of course.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 19th, 2021), goji (June 19th, 2021), mr giggles (June 19th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    ...when posters then decide to "repost" a posters comments "for information"
    The "for information" quotes are all I am suggesting people stop. ie Quoting something because they KNOW others are ignoring it.

Merely a suggestion, as if people choose otherwise on a regular basis, there is always room to expand our ignore lists.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 19th, 2021)

Liked

Gad! A six page nothing. Heap big smoke, but no fire.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jimnbkk View Post
    Beyond fabulous.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jimnbkk View Post
    Oh, now you went and done it..

I thought they would start calming down, but now you're going to get them all worked up again. They'll start flailing them arms about how you're Stevie, or maybe I'm you, or you're me, or who the fuck knows...

Liked

Re: More hydra talk

The Gang of Five!!!

Who are they?
    Who's the leader, treasurer, attack dog etc.

The most famous Chinese gang was The Gang of Four but if you add Mao then it's five. After his death all were arrested. Even today Chinese politics are the most interesting. Like Game of Thrones, you win or you die. Virtually medieval in operation.

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: More hydra talk

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The Gang of Five!!!

Who are they?
    Who's the leader, treasurer, attack dog etc.
    You must be so proud of your handiwork, Q.