FAQ & Help

Thread: Recommendations for Koh Samui

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Recommendations for Koh Samui

Quote Originally Posted by infoarmor View Post

I'm just staying there for three nights. I want a beach-and-nature break after a 2.5 weeks of BKK's hustle and bustle.
    Quote Originally Posted by infoarmor View Post

I'm just staying there for three nights. I want a beach-and-nature break after a 2.5 weeks of BKK's hustle and bustle.
    I hear you loud and clear.

I need a nature break after enduring just a few days of Bangkok's hustle and bustle, and Samui does provide a nice relaxing environment.

I've read some of the other posters comments regarding "nude beaches" and agree that nude sunbathing is prohibited in Thailand, but that doesn't meant these places don't exist...because they do.

Three that I know of include:

The town of Khun Han (SiSaket Province) - A short walk down a winding river that leads from the base of the Huai Chan Waterfalls is a small secluded sand bar which is known by the locals for its "clothing optional" policy. Mostly younger generation Thai boys (gay and ladyboys) go there on weekends. I spent many memorable (and eventful) weekends there during my time in SiSaket

Ao Prao Bay on the island of Koh Samet - Another short walk over mounds of coral (wear shoes) at the northern-most tip of the bay is another spot nudists are known to gather. The few times I wandered that direction I saw mostly small groups of senior citizens. Those kinky devils!

Hat Nang Ram Beach - located on military property along the eastern seaboard in Sattahip. Just like the others, a short (and rugged) walk is required to find this small strip of sand which is hidden around a small hill which borders the southern tip of the beach area. This is not an official nudist area by-no-means - just a place that Jai and I found where we can toss the briefs and do the wild thing out in nature.

Applying the word "Prohibited" in Thailand is a bit humorous.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 1st, 2022), GWMinUS (August 1st, 2022), llz (August 1st, 2022), Ruthrieston (August 2nd, 2022)

Liked

Re: Recommendations for Koh Samui

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    The town of Khun Han (SiSaket Province) - A short walk down a winding river that leads from the base of the Huai Chan Waterfalls is a small secluded sand bar which is known by the locals for its "clothing optional" policy. Mostly younger generation Thai boys (gay and ladyboys) go there on weekends. I spent many memorable (and eventful) weekends there during my time in SiSaket
    I had never heard of this province and it seems to be a bit remote but it definitely has all the elements that make it worthy of a visit.
    Waterfall, beach and young guys that not only don't mind being naked in the open but are even eager to jump into action.

I guess that's the essence of this forum. Getting first-hand info that you can't easily find out there, even on so called travel gay sites.