Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

I can best judge the German guy from my own experiences with him.

When I first saw him I thought, What a miserable old bastard! Here he was, running a very successful bar in Thailand and raking in the money, yet always looking unhappy and unapproachable.

So one night I decided to approach him. I asked him, in German, how he was going and what business was like. To my surprise he engaged with me in conversation and we had a very enjoyable chat.

I wasn't looking for friendship; rather, I was interested in what it was like to run a business in Thailand.

And that's why I used to sit and chat with Neal outside Happy Place in Pattaya. It was more of a monologue with Neal doing all the talking, but I found his stories about the trials and tribulations of running a gay bar fascinating.

And unlike the German, who has always been very interested in my life and has asked me many questions, Neal never asked me a single question - it was all about him.

I take people as they come and consider myself to be non-judgemental - until the bullshit starts. To me, he comes across as very genuine.

I also tend to trust people. Ok, I got it wrong with Neal but we live and learn.

So as far as I'm concerned, the German is a really nice, friendly guy. That may be because I don't go up to him and constantly complain about the over-priced drinks in Dreamboys. I also know he's suffering various serious health problems - nothing to smile about, I'd imagine.

But I'm guessing here.

I also remember a conversation I had a few years ago with a guy who worked at Dreamboys and he described him as "a good boss. Good heart".

So who knows?

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 14th, 2018), paborn (August 12th, 2018), werner (August 13th, 2018)