Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF in Jomtien Complex

Liked

Re: WTF in Jomtien Complex

The entire global tourism industry is built on sex. Young women go hoping to meet a guy, married couples go and hope to rekindle the spark of their love. College kids go to Cancun and Fort Lauderdale to make out. Youthfull European gays frolick in Ibiza. I'm just shy of 70, past by gay 'come hither' years. But, still have sex, travel for it and enjoy that right. Predator, hell no. When I make the long journey to Thailand I want someone every night and a massage during the day! It's jsut part of the tourist industry

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I don't have "a thing about guys in their 70s" - I have a thing about a particular member who has never denied being in his 70's making outrageously hypocritical and snide remarks about the long-term relationships of others whilst himself swirling around in a moral cesspit!

I guess you don't notice that or don't want to notice it?
    OK, but you can disagree with his - whomever he is I've lost the real point - without casting all of us into self proclaimed "moral cesspit" Personally think it is foolish to send large sums of money to a bar boy. On the other hand, there is a young man in Latin America whose college education I'm assisting with - it gives me great pleasure and as I won't be getting married buying his house etc. I feel sure that what I'm doing is fine - even though I first met him on a trip for hot latin sex. Somethign wrong? I think not. My actions there don't make me a saint and my actions in Thailand don't make me a predator. Actually, I would love to see someone walk down Soi Pratuchai or Boyyztown and not be the object of a hundred "preying" calls. Bottom line anyone can dispose of their income however they want and there is a symbiotic relationship between bar boy and patron and no one is a predator. At least, that i smy opinion

Liked

"For the benefit of the tape" I didn't accuse anybody of swirling about in a moral cesspit other than the person concerned.

If other people see themselves affected by the description then I'd suggest that's a matter for them to deal with

Liked

"For the benefit of the tape" I didn't accuse anybody of swirling about in a moral cesspit other than the person concerned.

If other people see themselves affected by the description then I'd suggest that's a matter for them to deal with
    For the benefit of reality you did say "himself" but the "moral cesspit" is our shared venues and you know that.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    For the benefit of reality you did say "himself" but the "moral cesspit" is our shared venues and you know that.
    No, venues are bricks & mortar and cannot have or be bereft of morals - only people.

Don't put words into my mouth - there's enough there already

6. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (April 27th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    The entire global tourism industry is built on sex
    Well that's a statement and a half! I guess that myopia must have taken over, for how else could you have missed all those "wholesome" families with their children that seem to be the majority occupants in most tourist hotels around the world!

8. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (April 28th, 2018)

Liked

'Boyfriend', carer, nurse, employee. In the circumstances described here they blur into the opaque.

Bob wrote.
    "we are meant to understand that your relationship with him is completely monogamous?"

However if the old farang were asked point blank about his faithfulness it would be a great opportunity to demonstrate his 'love' by answering the question clearly.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Well that's a statement and a half! I guess that myopia must have taken over, for how else could you have missed all those "wholesome" families with their children that seem to be the majority occupants in most tourist hotels around the world!
    I worked in travel for many years. Yes, there are many families that travel, but the tourism destinations are built on romance, the romance of exotic places, foreign climes, etc. Sex isn't just a random shag.

Liked

No, venues are bricks & mortar and cannot have or be bereft of morals - only people.

Don't put words into my mouth - there's enough there already
    I had a dear friend , now passes, who owned a gay bar in Santo Domingo. When asked by the press or police if his bar was gay he always answered, " how can a bar be gay it's brick and mortar." He was full of it, only difference is he knew it and it amused him. The "cess pool" your bewailing is the liscence our venues give us and you well know it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

SG, here’s my final thought on this: Yes, my recall can be very dodgy, and yes, I agree that there are committed relationships which should not be viewed critically, and yes there are people who pay to have encounters with different bar boys on a frequent basis, but….why paint all farang in Thailand with a single brush? If you feel that the life style or comments of a particular board member are objectionable, then it would be appropriate to direct your comments towards that individual rather than questioning the moral fibre of all the other farang in Thailand.

But I’ve had enough for now. Good luck to you, Bon Voyage, Bon Appétit, etc.

13. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (April 27th, 2018)