Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: House rental

Forum's veteran
    Liked

House rental

Looking to rent a small house near Jomtien, preferably walking distance to the Complex.

Plenty available on line but for a minimum of 6 months rent. I only need 3 or maybe 4 months. starting late November/December.

I have been talking to a large letting company but they say their terms are fixed at 6 months, non negotiable. I’ve told them how silly this is but they say it’s the landlords choice. I just don’t get it. The landlords would rather they sit empty??

Anyway, anyone any ideas?

Liked

Re: House rental

I too would have thought under the present circumstances they would take what they can get, but even the houses for rent out where I live - on "The Dark Side" - are also six month minimum.

Have you considered renting a condo or staying in a guesthouse? Most of those can be had for as little as one month.

If it absolutely must be a house, the only option I can think of if the landlord won't be reasonable would be to pay for six months even though you are staying three or four months. With stubborn landlords, it's either that or you won't be staying in a house.

If you do go with a house, be careful. I would not recommend renting it without first seeing it with your own eyes, not photos. With all the flooding, many houses have been damaged and who knows what condition they are in. I wouldn't pay a deposit or part with any money at all before seeing it for myself.

3. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (October 2nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

I have been talking to a large letting company but they say their terms are fixed at 6 months, non negotiable. I’ve told them how silly this is but they say it’s the landlords choice. I just don’t get it.??

Anyway, anyone any ideas?
    Many home owners here avoid short term (monthly) rentals like the plague. Too many problems involving property damage, disruption to neighbors, unpaid utilities, etc. which is apparently more common with short-term rentals. For this reason, home owners would prefer just letting their property sit empty rather than take on this risk.

Condo's and villa's are a dime a dozen for weekly and monthly rentals as I'm sure you already know, but if your stuck on a house then your best bet is to continue working directly with the larger agents in the area. Maybe something will pop up.

Good luck!

5. User who gave Like to post:

llz (September 28th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

What is your price range?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have been staying in Condos moor about 17 years and thought it was time for a change. The rents are not that much more than a decent condo.

I have seen some nice small houses for rent from 20,000 up and would like one. I know that for short time the rent might be a bit more.

Agree with gaybuttons advice and will not be renting one off the net without seeing it first.

Any further help appreciated.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Agree with gaybuttons advice and will not be renting one off the net without seeing it first.
    Yes. I, for one, would not want to rent a house where I intend to stay for months without knowing what I'm walking into.

If your heart is set on a house, you might want to start out at a hotel and shop around for a house once you are in Thailand. I would have a solid Plan B though because your chances of finding what you're looking for unfortunately are quite remote - unless you are willing to pay the full 6 months whether you stay that long or not.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (September 28th, 2021), gerefan2 (September 28th, 2021)

Liked

The closer you get to the beach the higher the rent for example; I have a friend who rents his house right in back of the beach in a housing estate in back of Pan Pan restaurant near the complex. My friend’s house is quite nice and has rented it out over the past 20 years, he has had both good and bad experiences so now he tells agents No Russians, No Chinese, No young children and obviously No pets, his rates are 70,000 a month for a year 80,000 for 6-11 months.
    2 months security deposit.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    If your heart is set on a house, you might want to start out at a hotel and shop around for a house once you are in Thailand.
    That's a given.

However, if trying something "new" for a holiday, it's often useful to do some research well in advance, gathering advice and putting together a shortlist.
    It's much easier to put together shortlists etc with a PC and a nice big screen, rather than some Android/iOS device once on holiday.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    That's a given.

However, if trying something "new" for a holiday, it's often useful to do some research well in advance, gathering advice and putting together a shortlist.
    It's much easier to put together shortlists etc with a PC and a nice big screen, rather than some Android/iOS device once on holiday.
    ….
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    , his rates are 70,000 a month for a year 80,000 for 6-11 months.
    2 months security deposit.
    Too much for me.

This is what I’m looking at...if possible! It’s in the estate opposite Pan Pan

https://pattayarealty.com/property/residential/HSR3313/