Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Changes for Entry to the Kingdom

Liked

Re: New Changes for Entry to the Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    It adds up to a lot of unnecessary expense, over 10,000 baht, for a vaccinated tourist.
    In my case, Phnom Penh to Bangkok, total cost 500 USD vs. 50 it would have cost before Covid. The PCR test in Cambodia alone 130 USD. Not just the cost, the risk of testing positive, around 2% for current arrivals. I wouldn't do it for a holiday, only by staying here for months it is worth the extra cost and risk.

2. User who gave Like to post:

jimnbkk (March 17th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

There’s a rumour flying around the Twitterverse that changes will be announced at Friday’s regular meeting, with one brave soul speculating that the pre-departure test (before the passenger gets on the plane) might be abandoned. I suspect the on-arrival-one-night in hotel is a greater disincentive to travel. We shall see I guess

Liked

BUT, would the departing flight require the covid negative test to board??

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As most here are old-time regulars they likely know Add Carabao-once a famous Thai popsinger (and since then offering his own brand of RedBull/Lipo)-comparable to like even the Stones or RodStewart. His very latest song (not yet a hit though) is about the urgent need to remove all these tests and masks etc.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

On March 16 2 friends traveled to Thailand together and did the pre testing and Covid pass and spent the 1 required night awaiting the test results at the Venue….1 tested positive the other negative so the positive one is now in 10 day quarantine in a Pattaya Covid approved hotel….he cannot leave his room and meals are left on a chair outside his door…28000 baht for his 10 day quarantine stay.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    BUT, would the departing flight require the covid negative test to board??
    The airlines enforce the rules of the destination country if required. As far as I know there aren't any airlines demanding individual PCR test results before a passenger is allowed to board any flight. At most the passenger is asked to show their vaccination certificate. However I'm sure we're all looking forward to you providing evidence of an airline demanding all its passengers, vaccinated or otherwise must show test results before being allowed to board for every destination to which that airline flies

8. User who gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (March 20th, 2022)

Liked

I travelled also the 16th to Thailand. KLM. And KLM very thoroughly checked all papers. Also the PCR test. They said they will get a heavy fine if they don’t. The same must apply for other airlines

How can that friend have tested positive on day 1? Didnt he do the pre departure PCR test? Before travelling to Thailand I locked myself up for two weeks. Didn’t want to risk getting covid. You should ask your friend why he took the risk getting infected.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    How can that friend have tested positive on day 1? Didnt he do the pre departure PCR test? Before travelling to Thailand I locked myself up for two weeks. Didn’t want to risk getting covid. You should ask your friend why he took the risk getting infected.
    Both tested at the same time and place in the U.K. prior to leaving for Thailand.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

11. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (March 20th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

I travelled also the 16th to Thailand. KLM. And KLM very thoroughly checked all papers. Also the PCR test. They said they will get a heavy fine if they don’t. The same must apply for other airlins.
    Correct, all passenger airlines travelling to Thailand have to check that every passenger has the results of a recent PCR test. But the same airline travelling to (say) the UK does not check that every passenger has had a recent PCR test. Airlines are not asking that passengers show PCR test results before boarding unless the country where the passenger will disembark require it. All the airline may require of all its passengers is that they have a current vaccination certificate

No Platformed
    Liked

IHow can that friend have tested positive on day 1? Didnt he do the pre departure PCR test? Before travelling to Thailand I locked myself up for two weeks. Didn’t want to risk getting covid. You should ask your friend why he took the risk getting infected.
    The reason why Thailand introduced a test on Day 5 was that the first test results were negative and it was assumed that this was either a false negative or the passenger had been exposed to COVID at the departure airport, on the plane, or after arrival