Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Phuket Sandbox open; TAT awards “Amazing Dodgems” moniker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Phuket Sandbox open; TAT awards “Amazing Dodgems” moniker

I believe Thailand is the ONLY country demanding insurance coverage, and at USD$100,000 in order to enter the country...CRAZY in my opinion....no wonder many will not go...

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    I believe Thailand is the ONLY country demanding insurance coverage, and at USD$100,000 in order to enter the country...CRAZY in my opinion....no wonder many will not go...
    You are obsessed with this tiny detail, and despite repeatedly being pointed to where you can obtain this for a minute premium, compared to the cost of your trip, you keep moaning on and on about it like an elephant's delayed orgasm. Thailand is very far from the only country requiring this cover. There are over 30 countries listed here!

https://www.william-russell.com/blog...nce-for-entry/

Liked

Try Cambodia...Not only do you need the insurance, but you also need to give them a $2000 deposit.

Only @christianpfc is that crazy

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Try Cambodia...Not only do you need the insurance, but you also need to give them a $2000 deposit.
    And I'm glad I did! But the requirements when I entered Cambodia where on the cusp of "not viable, stay in Germany or go somewhere else (South America)". It was about 80 USD for Forte (Cambodian company) health insurance against Covid for a month (other health insurances in principle accepted, but Forte was straightforward and worked for everyone else, whereas with other health insurances you would need documentation that it fulfills all requirements).

5. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (July 30th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post

This is a slight misrepresentation of procedures. To enter Thailand, you have to apply for a COE (not required for Cambodia), and you have to submit your ASQ booking. There is an initial outlay of money for the booking, at least a partial payment. Some hotels want full payment and don't allow cancellations or alterations!

I prefer the Cambodian way. The money is in my pocket until I am on Cambodian soil, and I don't have to book a hotel (compare hotels, inquire about vacancies, check their small print).

These two (no COE, no ASQ booking) contributed to the fact that I went to Cambodia instead of Thailand. While I had everything arranged for Cambodia, but was still in Germany, Thailand allowed entry for tourists. I could have changed my travel plans, the only loss would have been the visa for Cambodia. But I'm very uncomfortable with COE and ASQ booking, and I didn't want to be among the first to enter Thailand, neither did I want to wait a month for reports of others who entered on a tourist visa and passed ASQ.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

mr giggles (August 1st, 2021), vnman (July 31st, 2021)

Liked

I just did some shopping around for insurance, as I'm now planning to go hang out in Malta for about 6 months while I wait for Asia to open up again. It's $180 for 6 months of $100,000 coverage. That's hardly going to break the bank.

Even if they didn't mandate insurance for all visitors, why in the world would you ever travel internationally during a pandemic without health insurance? You'd have to be a total moron to do that.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Armando (July 31st, 2021)