Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Travel pass:

Liked

New Travel pass:

I will be curious to know what will be required when applying for the travel pass, i.e. NOT having to purchase airline ticket before approval. Just giving the desired travel dates and other information, passport page photo etc....

Liked

Re: New Travel pass:

The CCSA briefing yesterday gave some clues. https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/vi...60439061329793

Reading the top left corner of the slide and listening to the commentary, it seems 6 documents will be required to get the pass.
    So from memory, that's about the same number of documents as required for the COE.

So perhaps flight booking is not needed ?

The reference to ASQ/SHA booking makes it look rather like the "Quarantine Free" travel might actually be "Quarantine or Restrictions Until Covid Test is Passed".
    Which is not Quarantine Free, but a hell of a lot better than previously.

That would be a missed opportunity, as it would be much more attractive to offer rapid PCR tests.
    Or better still, for popular tourist origin countries, have an "approved" test service to swab all the passengers before boarding, so the results are ready before arrival.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

......but it is still a damn nuisance. My journey usually lasts eighteen hours or so, doorstep to Reception. Now I must add extra time spent in the airport for tests, plus at least twenty four hours somewhere awaiting results and then transport to my hotel. Some may laugh but this is no joke for those of us who are getting-on in years.

I'm not moaning- progress has been made- but I'm a little disappointed.

4. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (October 20th, 2021), christianpfc (October 19th, 2021), daydreamer (October 20th, 2021), Dodger (October 22nd, 2021), francois (October 19th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Its still all completely unclear and spokepersons are all talking different things on different days. IF interested, follow a normal mainstream news site or thai forum.
    But the main guy from the TAT=tourist office told that it now means 1 day of quarantaine in a prebooked place-so that the big govmt. can contact you and apparently do their thing.
    Even if for myself would have booked in normal times I simply wait and see what the final word will be.
    Interestingly tourist-packages are still big on the market here again-the tipical flight+14 days HTL for 999 eur (PHuket or HuaHin) and other reports tell that airlines will not give away free frequent flyer bonus seats to BKK as they want to sell as much/as expensive/ as can do asap.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

As hopefully some venues will be allowed to reopen sometime in December the requirements are likely to change so you’re be best served to wait till you have an assurance you will have something worthwhile to return to.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

List of countries for ThaiPass has been extended to 46
    https://www.facebook.com/prayutoffic...05627049932908

Allowed destinations in Thailand:
    1. Phuket
    2. Surat Thani
    3. Bangkok
    4. Samut Prakan (Suvarnabhumi airport)
    5. Krabi
    6. Phangnga
    7. Prachuap Khiri Khan (Nong Kae, Hua Hin)
    8. Phetchaburi (Cha-am)
    9. Chon Buri (Pattaya, Bang Lamung, Jomtien, Bang Sare, Koh Sichang, Si Racha)
    10. Ranong (Koh Payam)
    11. Chiang Mai (Muang, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng, Doi Tao)
    12. Loei (Chiang Khan)
    13. Buri Ram (Muang)
    14. Nong Khai (Muang, Si Chiang Mai, Tha Bo, Sangkhom)
    15. Udon Thani (Muang, Na Yoong, Nong Han, Kumphawapi, Ban Dung)
    16. Rayong (Koh Samet)
    17. Trat (Koh Chang)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...ies-from-nov-1
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    As hopefully some venues will be allowed to reopen sometime in December the requirements are likely to change so you’re be best served to wait till you have an assurance you will have something worthwhile to return to.
    December in Thailand: Warm, sunny, boys on Grindr. Shops, restaurants & coffee shops probably open. Massage open. Bars TBC
    December at home: Cold, dark & nothing of interest on Grindr

I think travel is worthwhile.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (October 22nd, 2021), Dodger (October 22nd, 2021), gerefan2 (October 22nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Why is it that expats are so anti visitors?

Its not just this board, but others as well ...

What is the problem??

Liked

In other words, as per-usual, nobody has any clue whatsoever as to what's going on.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Why is it that expats are so anti visitors?

Its not just this board, but others as well ...

What is the problem??
    Some of the expats I talk to over here (not all) are not thrilled with visitors returning for several reasons: Risk of more covid, heavier traffic, higher levels of air and water pollution, return of the monster smoke-belching tour buses, public places that will become more crowded increasing the risk of covid, etc., etc.

To be brutally honest, the only people who seem delighted about tourists returning are those who want their $$money$$.