Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
What are you talking about? Boris is a total fucken moron who pooched the UK's response to the pandemic. Don't give him credit because he finally began taking it seriously in the last inning. He didn't care for the first long while, then when he finally started to him and his government had no clue what they were doing, constantly changing their minds as quickly as the wind changes direction.

Some cities are open at different times and some are closed, some weeks schools are open others they're not, "yes you can have Christmas, ok no Christmas for anyone, ok you can have Christmas, no your can't, ok you can have Christmas but only a little bit", and the list is endless. Hell, just finally now the UK decided to put in mandatory quarantine for everyone entering the country, whereas most developed countries Canada included have had that in place since I think around last March.

Don't give him credit for pre-ordering vaccines, because every country who could afford it did the same. Hell, Canada pre-ordered more vaccines per-capita than any country in the world. We have enough on order to vaccinate the entire Canadian population almost six times over. Wouldn't give him credit for having the vaccines manufactured in Belgium so they're off limits to the US defense production act either. I'm assuming it was a marketing pitch by Pfizer, as lots of countries seem to brag about coming up with that idea, Canada included.

The entire reason the guy got voted in was because he was the "get it done" guy for Brexit, and he totally fucked that up too. Blew past deadline after deadline after deadline, then ended up with an agreement that doesn't even cover services (ie. financial services), which is the UK's main export.

Everytime I hear that guys' voice on the news all I think can is, "the UK can't have another election soon enough". The guy is an absolute muppet who doesn't even seem to know what's going on at most times. Just blurts out whatever words his neural synapses can muster up at that moment.
Mirror mirror on the wall