List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phlllippines Duterte takes no shit as usual - get vaccinated or you're going to jail !!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Phlllippines Duterte takes no shit as usual - get vaccinated or you're going to jail !!

I take you you've been checked for "other issues" there such as your lung function etc as well as just the recovery from pneumonia ?

The reason I ask is I've a friend who is now on oxygen bottles every day and fighting the same struggle as yourself re the slightest exertion ( even going to make a cup of coffee or going for a pee) causes her levels to drop sharply and she needs a "fix" FAST. They now have found after nearly a year of her struggling on with this that it's actually her lungs aren't working properly and aren't expelling the required amount of carbon dioxide / nonoxide (sorry I cant remember which she told me) ? from her body and so as her oxygen levels drop her other levels increase, dangerously and have now lead to her being hospitalised to allow them to get her levels stable again - until the next time it seems as this now seems to be a cycle that is just keeping on repeating ( due to the lung damage no doubt).

Hopefully that's not your situation as god love her she's "done" and can go no where now and life is restricted to living in her flat now it seems, but just thought I'd mention it in case some doc hadn't bothered to check that for you!

2. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (August 7th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Phlllippines Duterte takes no shit as usual - get vaccinated or you're going to jail !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I take you you've been checked for "other issues" there such as your lung function etc as well as just the recovery from pneumonia ?

The reason I ask is I've a friend who is now on oxygen bottles every day and fighting the same struggle as yourself re the slightest exertion ( even going to make a cup of coffee or going for a pee) causes her levels to drop sharply and she needs a "fix" FAST. They now have found after nearly a year of her struggling on with this that it's actually her lungs aren't working properly and aren't expelling the required amount of carbon dioxide / nonoxide (sorry I cant remember which she told me) ? from her body and so as her oxygen levels drop her other levels increase, dangerously and have now lead to her being hospitalised to allow them to get her levels stable again - until the next time it seems as this now seems to be a cycle that is just keeping on repeating ( due to the lung damage no doubt).

Hopefully that's not your situation as god love her she's "done" and can go no where now and life is restricted to living in her flat now it seems, but just thought I'd mention it in case some doc hadn't bothered to check that for you!
    I had 6 months of Physiotherapy after COVID. I'm much much better now, but sometimes I still find it harder to breathe and my heart beats faster than usual. For me, a complication from COVID was a pulmonary embolism. This has gotten better over time with medication. I got sick in March 2020 and it took until... I would say April 2021 to notice some major improvements.

I hope she will improve too.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Wow, nearly a year later and you're still fighting off the effects of Covid - so much for the whole "sure it's just a bad cold and certainly no worse than flu" brigade eh ! :-(

Like they always say we never appreciate our good health until it's not there and THEN we realise how lucky we were before !

5. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (August 7th, 2021)

Liked

To keep this a bit focused on the Philippines...
    I have had lung problems for many many years. And had to be on oxygen 24/7.
    But never this bad.
    My last trip to the Philippines was in April & March of 2020.
    I took my Oxygen Machine with me on the flight. And only had to use it limited times while in Cebu and Manila.
    Lower Sea Level means More Oxygen and less need for Supplemental O2.
    Now my lungs are much worse. My Doctor says they may improve over time. Will wait and see!!
    But I would not be able to take O2 on a flight to the PH. The machine just does not generate enough O2.
    So I am now stuck chatting with my sweet Pinoy Guys there and reading the PH News.
    OH and watching many of the new Filipino BL Series that are now being posted online.
    Hoping for a change, but like traveling to Thailand, it not happening...
    INGAT!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS View Post
    To keep this a bit focused on the Philippines...!!
    Just on that - I showed that pic of the oxygen tanks to my PH BF here, expecting him to be sad about that etc and he instantly replied "old news, sure you showed me that before - months ago" - and it seems he's right and once he said it I then remembered it myself, where that exact image / video had come up before and he'd actually tutted and mentioned "drama queens" or something as there was something about the video he felt wasn't quite right i.e it would have been almost useless giving the oxygen like that ( or something medical like that) - anyway my point is I wonder is that a current video or were the news channels regurgitating old footage for some ( lazy ?) reason perhaps - and if so that perhaps things aren't just quite so bad there ( hopefully)?

Edit on having just completed a quick google search alas it seems things aren't great there again and whilst this may be old footage it seems the whole "keeping people waiting in cars for treatment" thing IS happening again as per the last peak :-( So perhaps the TV company were just saving themselves the drive out to re record the same footage perhaps :-(

Liked

But I would not be able to take O2 on a flight to the PH. The machine just does not generate enough O2.
    The air pressure inside a passenger airplane is about half of pressure at sea level, or corresponding to an elevation of 5000 m. That means there is only half the oxygen in the same volume of air. Same for pure oxygen, only half the amount compared to sea level. Not an issue for a healthy individual, but for someone with breathing problems it (flying or going to locations at high altitude) can be problematic or deadly.

INGAT!!
    I had to look this up. For others' benefit:
    If said as a parting word, it can mean "Take care!" Although, it's usually said more casually as "Ingat!" or "Ingat ka." It is a common farewell greeting in the Philippines.

Liked

I thought they were referring to INGRATS.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    The air pressure inside a passenger airplane is about half of pressure at sea level, or corresponding to an elevation of 5000 m.

:
    5000 m is 16,400 feet! You would have severe hypoxia if that was the case!

Commercial aircraft are pressurised to a maximum of 8000 feet (2,400m), often less.

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 12th, 2021)

Liked

The highest mountain I have walked up was 3776m & I was definitely noticing the lower oxygen near the summit.
    I've never noticed any such issue on a commercial aircraft, although of course there is less exercise on the plane.

Liked

Oxygen level when flying:
    https://www.uofazcenteronaging.com/c...and-air-travel

Definitely more oxygen than at 5000 metres, which is about highest I’ve been to.