FAQ & Help

Thread: Transferring stamps to a new passport

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Transferring stamps to a new passport

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

It did however amuse me that gerefan2 found something of value in my post unrelated to the main subject matter. So, all was not lost. Hmmm . . . but it begs the question, whatever happened to gerefan1? Ooops . . . but there I go, going off topic on my own topic.

As you asked! A few years ago this board required everyone to re-register for some reason. The process was, to me, so complicated that Gerefan eventually gave up after numerous attempts.
    So Gerefan2 was born. Gerefan lives on alive and well on the other boards as you have probably seen.

Seven years ago I decided to see about laser treatment having got fed up with glasses. I went to Moorfields Eys Hospital in London for a consultation and they told me I had cataracts developing in both eyes. And, in addition, my eyes were no longer suitable for laser treatment.

They offered what was then very new treatment. Replacement varifocal lens implants. The operation consisted of removing my lenses and replacing them with new plastic varifocal ones, made to order. They did one eye at a time, a week apart.

The whole thing was done under a local anaesthetic and took about 45 minutes. You won’t see anything much as they put drops in first to numb they eye before the anaesthetic, and that blurs the vision.

Before the operation, without glasses, I could not read a car number plate at more than 2 metres...Now I can read them at 65 metres, unaided! Also I can now read the smallest print, thanks to the varifocal lenses.

Anyway, you said you were happy to go off topic...

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (January 22nd, 2018), snotface (January 22nd, 2018)