FAQ & Help
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: No End In Sight!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: No End In Sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I was just joking.

From the article I was assuming they used humans to conduct these tests, but maybe they felt penguins would suffice.
    PLM !!!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    sglad: "If you knew anything about Thailand, you'd know that 90% of the sex industry is meant for local consumption and far away from the neon lights of Pattaya, Patong and Patpong. ...

Old git: 90%? - by volume of activity, possibly a little over half, by revenue, way below that. I know where truck drivers stop off to get their kicks, I know where the Thai brothels are. I also know where Thai men cruise in their cars for underage boys in Bangkok - but I will never post the detail of that.
    I largely agree with Old git. The was majority, let's say 90%, of gay prostitution that I know* is aimed at tourists. The remaining 10% are the cruising by car around the park in Bangkok and karaoke places in Pradipat / Saphan Kwai and some trade in sex cinemas and various gay massage places in the outskirts of Bangkok.

*You could argue that I just don't know all the places that make up the Thai-for-Thai gay prostitution.
    But I researched that long and far and haven't found any.

For girly places I guess half aimed at tourists and half aimed at locals.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I was just joking.

From the article I was assuming they used humans to conduct these tests, but maybe they felt penguins would suffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    PLM !!!!
    I’m getting on in years, NIrish-guy, and somewhat slow on the uptake. I found it necessary to Google (other search engines are available) “PLM”.

My first search produced the following from the Free Dictionary, but that did not seem to fit the bill. Then I tried “PLM in texting” but that seemed rather rude, so I tried the Urban Dictionary and then it dawned on me, you meant - Penguins Lives Matter.

Doh!
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (August 22nd, 2020), christianpfc (August 23rd, 2020), francois (August 22nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ha well it seems you’re not totally shot JUST yet as you got there in the end :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

https://www.thejakartapost.com/trave...m-october.html

End not in sight but maybe around the corner?

Borrowed from "spoon" s post on GayGuides

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/top...-from-october/

Liked

This interactive website (from cnbc) for those itching to travel might find useful.....

https://covidcontrols.co/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
    https://www.thejakartapost.com/trave...m-october.html

End not in sight but maybe around the corner?

Borrowed from "spoon" s post on GayGuides

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/top...-from-october/
    If tourists will be permitted to travel to other destinations in Thailand after their 14 day quarantine on Phuket - this could be the "open door" that many are looking for. Who knows!

9. User who gave Like to post:

francois (August 22nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It would NEED to be long stayers just using the above possible "open door" seeing as a month in total would need to be spent in quarantine if going back and forth to and from Thailand. :-(

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    It would NEED to be long stayers just using the above possible "open door" seeing as a month in total would need to be spent in quarantine if going back and forth to and from Thailand. :-(
    Good point.

I have a friend who retired here 2 years ago...returned home (USA) to visit his sister in January...got stranded. He has a current multi-entry retirement visa. I'm wondering if he could enter through Phuket...quarantine 14 days...fly to Bangkok...quarantine an additional 14 days...and then return to his cozy apartment in Pattaya on his retirement visa. Just wondering.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Or arrive in Phuket, do the 14 days "jail time" and then jump on a bus or train and never mind the 2nd 14 days perhaps - BUT - I've a sneaking feeling they'll be watching like a hawk for that very thing and I wouldn't be surprised if your continued presence would be required and checked upon back in Phuket even after the first 14 days were up - mind this TIT so who knows !!