Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bali. Gay guides and travel companions. SiamRoads.com

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Gay guides and travel companions. SiamRoads.com

When this guy does get hired, I suppose he's getting several times the Vietnamese average daily salary. And good luck to him for showing some initiative.

Personally, I'll make do with google, LP and my gps phone as travel guides. $35 a day saved.

Liked

Re: Gay guides and travel companions. SiamRoads.com

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    When this guy does get hired, I suppose he's getting several times the Vietnamese average daily salary. And good luck to him for showing some initiative.

Personally, I'll make do with google, LP and my gps phone as travel guides. $35 a day saved.

One year ago I already answered to such reply So I will just copy and paste

Guides are not for navigation Also they are not only guides, but concierge, translators and "scam protectors"
    Google maps can't show you interesting places (at least can't suggest) if places aren't on main "touristic roads", it can't tell you "avoid this crowded place", can't say on local language "I insist to use meter" in taxi, can't call to local theater and reserve seat, and for sure can't offer to spend 2-3 days in real local village home

With navigation you can easy find place if you know about him, but navigation can't help you when you don't know about that place exist, also navigation nor google map can't help you to plan visits.
    it is here http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/to...nd/#entry83594