Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Russians in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Russians in Thailand

I'm grateful that I, as a Briton, wasn't blamed for the numerous massacres in Iraq, the executions by UK forces in Afghanistan, the bombing of Libya....and numerous other atrocities.
    Odd, isn't it, that when the victims are white and (more or less) Christian, the fury of the West is unbounded. The Black and Muslim peoples we have killed, or helped to kill, just don't register.
    I wasn't blamed for Blair's war-crimes, even when I was among his victims in Palestine. I was seen as an individual.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

why were the palestinians his victims....did the Uk bomb them??

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I'm grateful that I, as a Briton, wasn't blamed for the numerous massacres in Iraq, the executions by UK forces in Afghanistan, the bombing of Libya....and numerous other atrocities..
    On the other hand you didn't(I assume) choose to both support and defend your government's actions however repugnant those actions were.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"....or helped to kill," Arms sales of ordinance as well as political/diplomatic cover. And as for the US, Obama actually replenished Israel's stock of bombs after Gaza had been bombed.

Only White Lives Matter....even for a Black American President.

Liked

I'm grateful that I, as a Briton, wasn't blamed for the numerous massacres in Iraq, the executions by UK forces in Afghanistan, the bombing of Libya....and numerous other atrocities.
    I'm afraid you probably are, by some people. Just not when you're in the room. That's how these people operate.

The thing that I find annoying about Russia is all the apologists. I know full well that's not all of them, and I'm not even sure it's the majority of them. But there's definitely a lot of them there.
    Last edited by extronaut; July 22nd, 2022 at 17:38. Reason: Brevity

6. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (July 24th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"These people"....Black people? Muslim people? My experience is extensive, dating back over fifty years and, bluntly,it just doesn't fit in with what I know. It includes a lot of time in the Caribbean and Africa (including Muslim West Africa) and Palestine, Egypt and Morocco.
    I suppose some would say the same of Thais....again, not my experience.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Only White Lives Matter....even for a Black American President.
    Nobody cares what color a person is any more. That's a myth. Those days are over.

The only thing that matters to the leaders of countries (all countries) is POWER - WEALTH - and VAIN GLORY...not necessarily in that order.

People who are the poorest continue to get the least amount of attention - and it doesn't matter what color they are.

Who was it that said "the meek shall inherit the earth"?

9. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (July 24th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

Who was it that said "the meek shall inherit the earth"?
    Jesus

Forum's veteran
    Liked

From the age of twenty-three, I experienced UK racism almost day to day. Police racism towards my Black friends and workmates and in particular towards their youngsters, political racism insofar as power in the UK was and continues to be exercised by the white and wealthy, cultural racism in that Black experience was often denied media examination.

And then, as a retired traveller, I experienced the most shocking, even genocidal, racism when I was travelling in Palestine between 2004 and 2017; from the police, the military and the colonists.

As Dodger notes, ordinary citizens aren't usually tainted with this disease. But "ordinary" people don't run my country: and they never have. Nor are they in power in the countries I know well. Including Thailand. We know what happens when the "wrong" party wins an election here.

Like others here, I am a beneficiary of an imbalanced power structure, based on race, wealth and class. Some would add gender to that list. Let's be honest and accept it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

Jesus
    Thank you francois for that enlightenment.

I thought perhaps it was Frank Zappa.

13. User who gave Like to post:

francois (July 23rd, 2022)