Thread: Thailand OFF the UK red list

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand Remains on U.K. Red List

Some good news at last.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Congrats to all you maniacs from the UK.

Now get your asses back here and start feeding these boys.
    The Red List has not really been a deterrent for the past month, it was pretty clear it would end fairly soon, barring a new twist to the Covid saga.

What we need is you maniacs in the LoS to get proactive and tell everyone that there's no halfway house to getting the LoS back to normal that will bring back mass tourism - we need zero quarantine and the bars and massage shops fully open again..

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 8th, 2021), goji (October 8th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    What we need is you maniacs in the LoS to get proactive and tell everyone that there's no halfway house to getting the LoS back to normal that will bring back mass tourism - we need zero quarantine and the bars and massage shops fully open again..
    How about you maniacs who are not in the LoS? Those of us living in Thailand have been trying to convince the powers-that-be of that for months, but so far they don't seem to be listening. Don't forget they're the same ones who want to change Pattaya to a "family oriented" destination, whatever that is supposed to mean. Maybe those of you not in the LoS need to get proactive too. You can start by writing to the TaT and make it emphatically clear what will and will not attract you to Pattaya - and visiting the Pattaya Sheep Farm ain't it.

I am really sick and tired of people in power deciding for everybody else that sex and the enjoyment of it is a bad thing. Yeah? Ok, powers-that-be, tell me what the bad part is. Maybe they'll change their minds about sex once they start getting some . . .

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    Broadly correct.
    They need zero quarantine and I see no reason why they could not do that later this year, as the vaccine programme progresses. Or even right now, if they do the maths and realize that TESTED TOURISTS ARE LOWER RISK THAN UNTESTED LOCAL RESIDENTS.

The bars need to open.

Even thought they were supposed to be closed, getting a massage was no problem even during the lockdown in January 2020.

Liked

Re: Thailand OFF the UK red list

Goji wrote (in the related thread with erroneous subject heading)

" They need zero quarantine and I see no reason why they could not do that later this year, as the vaccine programme progresses. Or even right now, if they do the maths and realize that TESTED TOURISTS ARE LOWER RISK THAN UNTESTED LOCAL RESIDENTS. "

Tested or untested, just one variant of Covid (Delta) now dominates the globe, and every other variant is subordinate to it. There is no longer any cause to restrict travel or fear people from other nations.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 8th, 2021), christianpfc (October 8th, 2021), goji (October 8th, 2021)

Liked

The bars are a great thing to have, but I would return to Thailand in an instant even if bars remain closed. I would do a Phuket Sandbox, but no quarantine. What deters me from going to Thailand now is the COE (I mean the the extensive paperwork to get it). And I need another place (warm, cheap, boys) to go after 30 or 60 days.

Liked

Exactly! You could draw arbitrary lines on the map that people are not allowed to cross, or full curfew people with odd or even birthdays, switching every week between odd and even, it would have the same effect as the current limitations (international borders).

Covid has reached everywhere and everyone, and all limitations to curb it do nothing to curb the spread, just make life for everyone difficult.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (October 9th, 2021), goji (October 9th, 2021), Old git (October 8th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

In Thailand you don't need gay bars to find willing and handsome young men. As long as there are a few places to eat and that can serve alcohol, and apps and eye contact, that'll do me.

TBH I think I am bored now with a parade of of guys in underwear every night on holiday. Or even a big cock parade! I must be getting old.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Exactly! You could draw arbitrary lines on the map that people are not allowed to cross, or full curfew people with odd or even birthdays, switching every week between odd and even, it would have the same effect as the current limitations (international borders).
    The arbitrary lines thing has been tried.
    (i) In Wales, the devolved regime at one point had a limit on how far people were allowed to drive to visit others. As if the distance traveled makes a difference to who you infect after getting out of the car. Also, it's discriminatory as people in some areas could visit tens of thousands of people within the limit, whilst those in rural areas could visit hardly anyone (if following the stupid rules).
    (ii) Even at the start of the UK lockdown, people were always allowed to exercise outside locally. So the plods in Derbyshire were stopping people driving 5 miles from their town to exercise out in the Derbyshire countryside. Any fool can see the latter is lower risk than exercising in town.

The time to have international travel restrictions was January 2020, with a ban on travel out of China. The WHO screwed that one up & argued for the exact opposite.
    Don't ever forget that.
    Yet Tedros is still in his Job. When he ought to be at least fired, jailed or something even worse.
    Defunding the WHO was just about the only thing that Trump got right (that I know of).

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Shouldn't this thread, with such in inaccurate title, either be put to bed or incorporated with the similar thread with an appropriate title, IMHO!