Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
According to Worldometer right now, Covid has claimed 798,551 lives within the US. That tops the civil war, making Covid the single largest fatality event in the history of the US.

I don't think anything else needs to be said...
If you speak about unnatural death in the US, you cannot omit gun-related deaths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vi..._United_States
In 2010, there were 19,392 firearm-related suicides, and 11,078 firearm-related homicides in the U.S.
About 1.4 million people have died from firearms in the U.S. between 1968 and 2011. This number includes all deaths resulting from a firearm, including suicides, homicides, and accidents.[13]

Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the U.S. gun-related homicide rate is 25 times higher.
Comparing suicides with Covid-deaths is a bit twisted, however many who died of Covid were multi-morbid and would have died of something else anyway soon, and those who commited suicide by gun would have commited suicide by other means if they had not had access to a gun.

You have to distinguish death by Covid, death with Covid, and death due to Covid.

I was travelling with friends in Cambodia and they stopped at a traffic accident site, there was a fatality. My friend pointed out that the victim is first tested for Covid. Will a traffic accident victim, who happens to be positive, wind up in the Covid fatalities?

Recently in the news in Cambodia, about 7 people died and some more survived after drinking hand sanitizer mixed with fruit juice! But nothing new, every week an entire family is wiped out by methanol poisoning from moonshine.