List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Airport-to-Pattaya taxi service recommendations?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Airport-to-Pattaya taxi service recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Goji....you are jumping the gun somewhat. Nirish has yet to hear from the taxi company as to whether it is a mistake.
    I suspect, having used them for years (and for the same journey) that this is a genuine mistake.
    Could be an error on either side...did you make a mistake booking it??
    Let’s wait until tomorrow and see what Nirish says....assuming he has queried it.
    YOU are correct Gerefan ! in that it DOES appear to be a mistake ! ( not on my part though....I THINK ( although anythings possible I guess, but I'm guessing more perhaps with their online portal)

I have already queried the cost by email and am awaiting the reply etc, it but on reading your message above I thought "shit, I'd better actually just think back and check what I DID ask for" - and whilst as the initial booking is just made via their online booking form unfortunately there's no record at my end for me to check, however I KNOW I booked "airport to Pattaya" etc as I had to even had to complete the whole hotel name box and KNOW I'd stopped and typed in Mosaik hotel / Apartments etc. BUT on ACTUALLY re reading their pricing confirmation just now I noticed that they had in fact actually quoted it as a fare from U-Tapao to SWAMPY airport ! So, THAT would totally explain the price they quoted !

I've just dropped them another email highlighting this and am sure they'll now rectify that and re-quote accordingly - and before anyone says "ahh there you go, you're mistake Mister etc" whilst it is always possible it's one of those situations where I just KNOW I didn't select Swampy as my destination as of course why would I and also it's not even the next box to Pattaya on their drop down box selector, in fact the two locations aren't even beside each other and again I ( definitely) completed the hotel name info etc too - Im SURE.

I'm guessing that somewhere from me completing the form to it sending it has perhaps refreshed and defaulted that destination box perhaps maybe just, of the lady at the other end just read it wrong or whatever? Anyway, that should explain the pricing blip and needless to say once I hear back from then I'll update to show all suitably rectified etc so their already good reputation remains untarnished.

Liked

Nirish, I'm sure you know a number - a large number - of bar guys in Pattaya.

Why not ask one of them to drive you and offer them say, 1000 baht?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Why not ask one of them to drive you and offer them say, 1000 baht?
    Fat chance. Ive yet to see a guy carry a spare helmet!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Normal service has been resumed. A speedy reply from the limo company amending their quote to the correct figure of 900 baht :-) So, all booked now and pleased to say I won’t ( shouldn’t) end up in Swampy airport after all instead of Mosaik !! ( well hopefully anyway :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Normal service has been resumed. A speedy reply from the limo company amending their quote to the correct figure of 900 baht :-) So, all booked now and pleased to say I won’t ( shouldn’t) end up in Swampy airport after all instead of Mosaik !! ( well hopefully anyway :-)
    Glad to hear it's been sorted out, would have been very surprised had it been the actual rate for the trip, their excellent track record remains intact for now (as we've yet to have a final outcome). But more interesting than that from your posts is the fact I really just noted you are arriving at U-Tapao rather than heading off from there on a side trip. Have you booked NI to Thailand via some Russian or obscure Chinese city landing at U-Tapao for this trip?

Even more alarming is noting your final destination of Mosaik Apartments! If you're heading to Thailand during the next month or so I fear landing up next door to a possibly disruptive noisy neighbour with comings-and-goings at all hours of the night/morning/afternoon interrupting our quiet, calm, relaxing Pattaya stay in Mosaik C-Block. Please assure me that you're booked for much later in the year or in Mosaik A/B/D/E/F...….

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There's a shared van service to Pattaya as you step into Utapao's arrival hall. You can't miss the sign. 250Bt as I recall and the journey took about 75 minutes including the waiting time for the van to fill up. The ride itself was about an hour and quite pleasant. They might not take you if you have a large suitcase and suggest you take their taxi instead. I didn't check the price but I remember there was a price list posted at the counter for the various types of vehicle available. So no need to worry if you don't have anything pre-booked on arrival. They also do a return pick up. Just remember to save their member and ask your hotel reception to help with the booking for the return trip. Information valid as at February 2017 when I visited for a couple of nights!

You can also call Khun Krung at +65818745478. A friend says she deals with taxis from and to Utapao. No personal experience.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Eddie (May 7th, 2019)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Saving their member to ensure their return seems excessively cautious!

Perhaps a tactic best employed with excellent offs.

9. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (April 20th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Neeallaan2 no you’ll be relieved to hear that my trip isn’t until July ( F block btw :-) and my flying in is from nowhere more exotic than KL ! I’m flying from bali into Thailand and I loath flying into DM so that leaves Bkk as the next option and of doing that it’s as handy ( and cheap) to fly into KL then onto UTP and just taxi down into Patts.

But talk about one extreme to the other, here we are talking about fun holidays in Thailand and just now I’m in Poland and currently taking a much needed mental break on the grass at the cafe aa we visit Auscwitz ! A sobering experience to say the least.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Excuse the typo, fat fingers and no glasses, I did of course mean Auschwitz.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Neeallaan2 no you’ll be relieved to hear that my trip isn’t until July
    July...JULY and all this cyber space used up to book a taxi 3 months... 3 MONTHS in advance???

Now I would be seriously worried that any taxi company would forget about me so I book only a week ahead.

13. User who gave Like to post:

Rolling Stone (April 19th, 2019)