Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A walk through the Complex

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: A walk through the Complex

I'm not really a Show Person but I like the fact that the Complex will have a mix of venues. Stage shows attract customers - and more customers attract more boys.

I loved the shows that Kevin Quill used to choreograph at "Throb" back in the day. I remember one show where the boys were dressed in sexy sailor outfits with short white pants leaving almost nothing to the imagination. They were lip-syncing the song "I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair" from the movie "South Pacific" - while a rather robust farang transvestite was doing backflips off the stage. What's there not to like?

The fact that the majority of places in the Complex have not been vacated and are still poised to reopen should be encouraging to everyone. They all deserve our support regardless of what venues they offer. It's all under the "Rainbow".

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (September 8th, 2021), snotface (September 8th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I loved the shows that Kevin Quill used to choreograph at "Throb" back in the day.
    I agree with you. The routine that comes to mind is the famous monkey costume one where boys would hop about on stage, make monkey noises, scratch themselves under the armpits and then come down and pretend to remove nits from the hair of amused/mildly embarrassed farang customers. Great fun.

So much with these shows depends on the imaginative flair of the director/choreographer and unfortunately that is in short supply in most bars. An exception was Adam's Apple bar in Chiang Mai, oh, a couple of decades ago now. For a couple of years they had very entertaining shows with lots of humour, the bawdier the better (a vital ingredient). There was one involving boy scouts and a strict scoutmaster twirling his cane that comes to mind.

When it's just self-adoring ladyboys prancing about in their feathers and sequins and lipsynching away (usually badly), I, like others here, lose all interest. I have been known to attend the Venue show more often than I care to admit, but that had nothing to do with the ladyboys and everything to do with one of the boy dancers who I fancied like crazy... Never got me anywhere [sigh]

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (September 8th, 2021), Oliver2 (September 8th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    They were lip-syncing the song "I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair" from the movie "South Pacific" - while a rather robust farang transvestite was doing backflips off the stage. What's there not to like?
    Well, the robust farang transvestite doing backflips comes immediately to mind! Lol