Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
vnman, the latest and most welcome refugee to cross the sea to seek and find sanctuary here has posted photos of the bars in full swinging action mode. That should answer any questions about mask wearing or not.

There's a boy here, a nice looking boy who works in the club and spends the whole evening wearing his mask. Then he complains that he hasn't got a girlfriend. Go figure.
Agreed Arenal, those pictures don't lie.

Soi 2 was very well regulated. No vaccination meant no entry. When the bars closed, most people walked into Silom Rd wearing masks, and a few waited until they were leaving the area. If we ever want to get back to some form of "normal," being in a vaccinated environment should mean we can do without a mask. Is that 100% safe? Probably not, but as with everything in life, we take calculated risks.

I've spent 2 months in a Spanish hospital because of COVID, but I'm happy with initiatives like this. It's for me to decide if I want to subject myself to these encounters that are deemed reasonable safe by the powers that be.