Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Tales from the Dragon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Tales from the Dragon

Many famines over the last 150 years have left this nation psychologically scarred with regards to food. That's in addition to the other psychological scars they have and a total lack.of empathy. If they have a complex it's one of inferiority to the west, Japan etc. Like a447, I've been to countless hotel buffets in China and never noticed anything especially noteworthy behaviour wise except by me when I've got bacon, eggs, hash browns, salad, fresh fruit and a croissant on the same plate and have a bowl of sweet cereal as a 'dessert'.

There is a fantastic western restaurant I go to several times a week. The food is superb and the behaviour is as you would expect in a western establishment of similar standing. The Chinese habit of buying food for the table remains and so they tend to order way more than they can eat...I'm occasionally gladdened to see it taken away in a doggy bag.

The bacon behaviour described by NIrish can be witnessed in the supermarkets as they pick.up and manhandle several pieces of meat before deciding which one to buy. Fresh or frozen pre packaged meat is the answer to this.

My hotel in Pattaya did, for a while 'welcome' the tour groups but they were placed on separate floors and never bothered me. But after not that long the hotel let them go as did so many other businesses in Pattaya, the cost was just too high and the staff began to suffer and feel mentally violated.

2. User who gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (October 27th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The Chinese habit of buying food for the table remains and so they tend to order way more than they can eat...I'm occasionally gladdened to see it taken away in a doggy bag.
    There's a buffet restaurant in Pattaya Central Festival which charges for any food left on the plate. And I recently went to a Japanese bbq wagyuu all-you-can-eat restaurant here in Perth which does the same.

Maybe that's the solution.

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 27th, 2021), goji (October 27th, 2021), splinter1949 (October 27th, 2021), TaoR (October 28th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    There's a buffet restaurant in Pattaya Central Festival which charges for any food left on the plate. And I recently went to a Japanese bbq wagyuu all-you-can-eat restaurant here in Perth which does the same.

Maybe that's the solution.
    I have seen this notice before. But how do they Charge? Do they weight the plates before and after??? Stop the diners before leaving or add the cost to the Bill...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS View Post
    But how do they Charge? Do they weight the plates before and after??? Stop the diners before leaving or add the cost to the Bill...
    I'm not sure how they do it, but I have a feeling that it is by weight.

I think it is mainly just a case of putting diners on notice that they should only take what they can eat.

I imagine it would be difficult if the restaurant were dealing with a huge tour group. There would be a riot!