Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Chonburi Immigration Closed Nov 5 - 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Chonburi Immigration Closed Nov 5 - 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Maybe you'd like to share the evidence you have that serving alcohol in Pattaya right now WON'T contribute to the spread of the virus.
    Oh come on, Dodger. Do you really think you're going to get away with trying that method of turning the tables on me? Perhaps you would also like me to share evidence that serving food in Pattaya right now also won't contribute to the spread of the virus. I can't even provide evidence that peeing in a Big-C urinal won't contribute to the spread of the virus.

As difficult as it is to prove a negative, the evidence you ask me to share is there has been no such reports coming out of Phuket or Bangkok. Not a single case of Covid has been reported to have happened as a result of serving alcohol in a restaurant. If there were, the CCSA would most likely revoke permission to serve alcohol. I'm still waiting for you to explain why Pattaya should be any different.

None of this, by the way, affects me personally. I'm not a drinker, especially in restaurants. My idea of a drink is ordering soda water.

I sincerely apologize for this comparison. I really do, but I couldn't think of anything that better illustrates it: You come across, at least to me, just like a Trump supporter who is convinced Trump is right about his stolen election claims, even without any supporting evidence whatsoever. You have absolutely nothing - no evidence of any kind - to support your position, but I'm the one who doesn't get it? Ok, then I must be the one not getting it . . .

And, by the way, I have also seen no evidence from "the Thai Government...the CCSA Board Members...Thailand's Tourist and Sports Authorities" or any other source that serving alcohol in restaurants will lead, or even may lead, to the further spread of Covid. Have you seen any? If you have, I would appreciate a post showing their evidence. If I turn out to be wrong, I will admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    if the Chonburi Governor won’t listen to the Thai business interests in Pattaya he sure as hell could care less what foreigners think!
    I agree. In my opinion that's part of the problem. Once they've made up their minds, there is no persuading them to even contemplate the idea that they might be wrong.

Hey, that sounds like me. Just ask Dodger . . .

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post

......And, by the way, I have also seen no evidence from "the Thai Government...the CCSA Board Members...Thailand's Tourist and Sports Authorities" or any other source that serving alcohol in restaurants will lead to the further spread of Covid.
    And hopefully you'll continue seeing the same thing.

The restaurants in Pattaya have been closed during a good portion of this pandemic - no alcohol has been allowed to be served during an even larger portion...and there have been no tourists in town...a virtual ghost town. This doesn't provide a very good basis for making decisions relative to allowing alcohol to be served when tourists start arriving - so one would assume (at least I do) that the Government/CCSA used other sources of information to arrive at the conclusions they did.

It goes without saying that they're being extremely cautious considering the risk involved. No one, including the Government, is saying that they can prove, with factual data, that all of the decisions they're making are correct. That would be impossible. I think it's reasonable to assume that they're drawing their conclusions based on their knowledge of Pattaya, the controls, or lack of controls, exhibited by the restaurant owners, behavior patterns of the average Pattaya tourist, input from the local police, and many other contributing factors, with the best interest of everyone's safety in mind.

If you don't agree with that logic, and apparently you don't, that's your prerogative.

The TEST has now been activated: We'll all be able to see the effects of serving alcohol in the designated "Blue Zones" in short order. Hopefully, covid numbers will be within controllable limits and the blue zones can then be expanded to include Pattaya. If not, and we experience an uncontrollable covid outbreak in the process, then, one would assume that the ban will remain in place in Pattaya.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    If you don't agree with that logic, and apparently you don't, that's your prerogative.
    It's true. I don't agree. And since their plan is to start allowing liquor to be served about 3 weeks from the time of this post, what will have changed between then and now?

If you truly believe serving alcohol in Pattaya restaurants would spread Covid, then by that logic it would make sense to prohibit alcohol in December, January, February, and ad infinitum until Covid is history. I'm sorry, but I think it is wrong to continue preventing people from enjoying their meals, enjoying their evenings, and preventing all these venues from making money out of fear of something that might happen, but without any evidence to support the idea that it will.

I think the Covid case numbers have been reduced enough that it is no longer necessary to stop living. As I said, if a surge in cases really does happen due to serving alcohol, they can always reinstate prohibiting alcohol. I also believe Thais will act sensibly. They all are still wearing the masks, checking their temperatures when entering venues, cleaning their hands with disinfectant, and stepping up on the rare occasions when they see anyone violating the precautions. I see no reason to assume their behavior will change and the whole town will go on a drinking rampage once the ban is lifted.

Again, if anyone, including the CCSA, has any evidence that allowing the restaurants to serve alcohol will in any way cause a surge in Covid cases, I'd like to know what it is. Don't forget, when the restaurant owners recently met with the powers-that-be, they were told the ban will remain in effect, but they were not told any reasons why.

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (November 10th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post

I'm sorry, but I think it is wrong to continue preventing people from enjoying their meals, enjoying their evenings, and preventing all these venues from making money out of fear of something that might happen, but without any evidence to support the idea that it will.
    This isn't Kansas Dorothy.

I know you don't get it, but this is the way the cookie crumbles here in the Land of Oz.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (November 9th, 2021)