Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales from the Dragon

Liked

Re: Tales from the Dragon

Excess weight is reversible with an assessment of what's wrong with the diet, followed by some discipline and self control.
    I also don't like fat boys and prefer to live the dream, shagging models, rather than pigs.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (January 14th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    There was a programme on TV recently about silver. It related how China came to depend on silver originally coming mostly from traders based in the Philippines and was the richest country in the world early in the Manchu Dynasty. It was also to prove the downfall of the Dynasty. The silver coins all had holes in the centre and if I remember correctly they were often grouped in eight pieces - hence the phrase "pieces of eight". Do you have any idea if that is correct?
    https://www.encyclopedia.com/history...y/pieces-eight

PIECES OF EIGHT

Pieces of eight were Spanish silver coins (pesos) that circulated along with other hard currency in the American colonies. Since the settlements in the New World were all possessions of their mother countries (England, Spain, France, Portugal, and the Netherlands), they did not have monetary systems of their own. England forbade its American colonies to issue money. Colonists used whatever foreign currency they could get their hands on. Pieces of eight (from Spain), reals (from Spain and Portugal), and shillings (from England) were in circulation; the pieces of eight were most common. The Spanish silver coin was so named because it was worth eight reals and at one time had an eight stamped on it. To make change, the coin was cut up to resemble pieces of a pie. Two pieces, or "two bits," of the silver coin made up a quarter, which is why Americans still may refer to a quarter (of a dollar) as two bits.

Liked

Supermarkets are back to requesting masks be worn after two Chinese cities were put into lockdown. For months the temp testers stationed at the entrances had barely bothered with their thermometers. No other changes.

Liked

One of our lovely bridges. Look familiar?
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (January 23rd, 2021)

Liked

They've had a few cases here and a couple of cities have gone into lockdown. As a result a couple of the malls are checking everybody's health code.

The police are sometimes out and about dealing with traffic violations. This is usually riding without a helmet or more often riding the wrong way. The fine is 20rmb. However a simple refusal by me to understand anything they're trying to communicate results in my being let go unfined once any witnesses have moved on.

The checks for drunk drivers are a whole different ball game. Many officers and always one carrying a long pole with a neck restraint on one end.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The checks for drunk drivers are a whole different ball game. Many officers and always one carrying a long pole with a neck restraint on one end.
    I guess you’re not in Xinjiang then:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...r-labour-camps

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

"Please bend over so that I can check you for covid".

Allegedly the popular new chat up line in China, so this is for you Arsenal.

China starts using anal swabs to test 'high-risk' people for Covid
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nfection-areas

10. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (February 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    "Please bend over so that I can check you for covid".

Allegedly the popular new chat up line in China, so this is for you Arsenal.

China starts using anal swabs to test 'high-risk' people for Covid
    I was under the impression we were already taking anal swabs here in the UK, Brad the Impala.

Sign.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

12. 7 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 31st, 2021), goji (January 30th, 2021), GWMinUS (January 30th, 2021), Moses (January 28th, 2021), Nirish guy (January 28th, 2021), TaoR (February 15th, 2021), Zebedee (February 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Off to the club last night. Same old same old. FYI. The photo is not great but it's a guy of about 20, not bad looking actually. And he's wearing a stegosaurus costume, not because he's in fancy dress but because he thinks it's an ok thing to wear to a nightclub. I kept pretending to suck the end of his tail which he didn't like very much but my table did. Haha..
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (February 2nd, 2021), Zebedee (February 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Back to the club. The doorman wouldn't let me in. I called my contact and he contacted the manager so of course the doorman was told not to be an ignorant twat. But he was pissed at having to let a foreigner in. A few, a very few Chinese get terrified of foreignets when there's s new outbrea, even a small one a thousand miles away. This compares to the supermarket guy who waves me through without even checking my health code.

A nice vignette when one of the delicious host boys took to the dance floor with what can only be described as a rightf at old moo. I gave him a look of "you poor guy" which he accepted and acknowledged.

Currently a little the worse for wear, dancing.like your drunk uncle at a wedfing on the bouncy dance floor and on a bottom feeling quest. More news if it happens.

16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (February 9th, 2021), Jellybean (February 9th, 2021)