Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Just back from Pattaya.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Just back from Pattaya.

Clearly then, there is a consensus that the go-go bars offer us a greater insight to the available company on offer, in favour of some of the unwelcome surprises of out-of-date profile pics/false info on the apps (you are expecting Michelangelo's David, when in stumbles Quasimodo on a bad hair day!!)

I'm beginning to change my mind on this whole issue: I was of the firm opinion that these apps were going to effect the demise of the go-go bars. You know what? I don't think that they will, as there is an overwhelming sense that many prefer to choose their boys from the go-go bars; and let's not overlook the added security inherent in the boy's connection to the appropriate bar, should a problem arise.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 10th, 2018), christianpfc (January 12th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Clearly then, there is a consensus that the go-go bars offer us a greater insight to the available company on offer, in favour of some of the unwelcome surprises of out-of-date profile pics/false info on the apps

I'm beginning to change my mind on this whole issue: I was of the firm opinion that these apps were going to effect the demise of the go-go bars. You know what? I don't think that they will, as there is an overwhelming sense that many prefer to choose their boys from the go-go bars; and let's not overlook the added security inherent in the boy's connection to the appropriate bar, should a problem arise.
    Agreed 100%!

I'm another person who much prefers the go-go bars, and their advantage of allowing us to assess potential friends in the bar.

I hope that the bars survive.
    There is no question that the apps have had a negative impact on the bars.
    Just look at the number open now compared with 10 years back.
    But a well run bar can still do well; there are not enough that are well run.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by neddy3 View Post
    But a well run bar can still do well; there are not enough that are well run.
    What's your criteria for a well-run bar?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Clearly then, there is a consensus that the go-go bars offer us a greater insight to the available company on offer, in favour of some of the unwelcome surprises of out-of-date profile pics/false info on the apps (you are expecting Michelangelo's David, when in stumbles Quasimodo on a bad hair day!!)

http://www.asiaguys.net/bangkoks-soi...bars-to-close/