List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A video tour of Pattaya take today after the latest lockdown......

Liked

Re: A video tour of Pattaya take today after the latest lockdown......

I am surprised to see tourists. I see a lot of younger farang in this evening video. So not just pensioners what I had expected. I guess they went for the two week quarantaine option. But why? It looks pretty dead.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I am surprised to see tourists. I see a lot of younger farang in this evening video. So not just pensioners what I had expected. I guess they went for the two week quarantaine option. But why? It looks pretty dead.
    When I was in Pattaya about 3 weeks ago there were many younger people present and I don't think they were tourists. Just people stranded there one reason or another. Some were quite young in their late teens.

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 9th, 2021)

Liked

Stranded there? You can still book a plane to fly to your home country. Maybe you need to be in quarantaine, but it is possible to fly back. I don’t believe in people being stranded. And if they are stranded their job doesn’t miss them? How they get income ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

omg...that evening walk was awful...like a secene out of the walking dead ...or zombie acopalypse...only street lights on...no people...id be rather scared to even wander around alone..

Liked

Stranded there? You can still book a plane to fly to your home country. Maybe you need to be in quarantaine, but it is possible to fly back. I don’t believe in people being stranded. And if they are stranded their job doesn’t miss them? How they get income ?
    There are many foreigners in Thailand that are not there on long term visas/extensions and, due to Covid, extend their stay on a short time basis. Perhaps they are diplomats or family of diplomats, or have money and don't wish to leave or have a job of sorts or have family there. However they don't appear to be tourists who have recently quarantined and are on a short time stay.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

There are many foreigners in Thailand that are not there on long term visas/extensions and, due to Covid, extend their stay on a short time basis..
    You got that right.

I visited Hungry Hippo on Soi Boi Khao right before the lockdown and was amazed at many young farang there were walking around the area. They were too young to be expats on extensions, so I assumed they were here on extended tourists visa's as you mentioned.

I spotted a young (early twenties) blond-haired - blue-eyed farang who was an absolute doll (Russian?) who I would have loved to share a coffee with - but he was sitting with a fat hooker with smeared eye shadow who looked like she was still drunk from the night before. I felt like slapping her in the face with my pancakes.

9. User who gave Like to post:

francois (August 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    You got that right.

I visited Hungry Hippo on Soi Boi Khao right before the lockdown and was amazed at many young farang there were walking around the area. They were too young to be expats on extensions, so I assumed they were here on extended tourists visa's as you mentioned.

I spotted a young (early twenties) blond-haired - blue-eyed farang who was an absolute doll (Russian?) who I would have loved to share a coffee with - but he was sitting with a fat hooker with smeared eye shadow who looked like she was still drunk from the night before. I felt like slapping her in the face with my pancakes.
    You know what I think: classes are online now. Many young people just go to Thailand and follow their university classes online. Their monthly allowance from their parents gives much more purchasing power in Thailand. Maybe in the future if all classes are always online our universities will empty out and all our young people go to countries like Thailand. Only return for exams to their own countries. I wish I was young now. So much better.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You know what I think: classes are online now. Many young people just go to Thailand and follow their university classes online. Their monthly allowance from their parents gives much more purchasing power in Thailand. Maybe in the future if all classes are always online our universities will empty out and all our young people go to countries like Thailand. Only return for exams to their own countries. I wish I was young now. So much better.
    If I would have had the opportunity to party my ass off in Thailand while taking school on-line, I probably wouldn't have dropped out of grammar school.

Liked

You know what I think: classes are online now. Many young people just go to Thailand and follow their university classes online.
    Here in the UK, I know of some overseas students who are studying in Scottish Universities who have relocated down to England, as that's where their friends are studying. However, these are the Masters & PhD students. The undergraduate terms should have finished now.

Liked

Not necessarily. Here in Cambodia are a lot of young (average age 30?) people who are here on some kind of business / job / digital nomad, and have been here since before Covid. I have met dozens of young and only few old Foreigners (mostly White) in Cambodia.