Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
You're possibly right - buying such things is not part of my regular shop when I go into a 7-11 (which isn't that often, unless I'm out of condoms)
They don't even offer over the counter AIS top-ups at 7-11, supposedly they have a conflict, in typical childish fashion.

You CAN still use the orange top up vending machines found outside by the way.

For coverage and data, you cannot go wrong with AIS, I have excellent 4G coverage almost everywhere I go, including remote parts of Issaan. My current sim is already 13 years old and has gone through at least two 'registration rounds". Since my data consumption is pretty heavy (several tablets thetered to the same ais sim) I now go for their unlimited internet packages, I believe it is capped at 6 mpbs, but that is an acceptable speed for me.

Not sure what you are on about Moses, internet package activation at AIS is instant, or no more than a few minutes. And since packages do change, they have an excellent English speaking servicedesk (1175).

Their unlimited packages are 34 baht for one day, 189 baht for 7 days or 550 baht for 30 days. If the 6mpbs is not enough, I would opt for the 12 GB 30 day package at around 800 baht. Buy additional 2 GB within the validity for 48 baht.