Time to resurrect this thread again.

Now as I said before, I did ditch the other guy but we remained friends. In fact we have been in contact via messenger each and every day since. Not as boyfriends, but as friends.

That went well for over 4 months (from end of april until now), yes sometimes he would say he loves me but most of the times we just chat about our daily lives.

Now sometimes we do have words and last friday we did. It was all down to me, I said something shitty to him because I was annoyed that he didn't answer quick enough.

So he was pissed at me, long conversation with complaints and what not. I was angry with him, deleted him from facebook but later saw that it was me who was to blame.

Anyway, He changed jobs a few months ago, against my advice. The deal was that he would make the exact same amount of money (8000) but would get two meals at work (he now works at a restaurant around Phayathai). The difference would indeed amount up to around 2500 baht give or take, but for that advantage he needs to work from 8.30 am to 9.30 PM (13 hours !) instead of 16.30-03.00. Quite a huge difference.

Anyway, it was a done deal, and despite my prediction that he would regret it, he just did. So the last three months he has been working at the restaurant, and in the beginning it went ok (at least from appearance) but the last couple of weeks, all he does is complain about being tired, complain about a boss that whinges all day, you can see where this is going.

Anyway after our little fight on friday, he contacts me yesterday, and we talk a bit, I ask him to accept my friend request on facebook (I deleted him friday) and then he flat out refuses. Another fight, I then tell him that I don't want to speak to him anymore but he kept saying he does want to talk to me.

Anyway, I was a bit done with the conversation, wished him a good night, and then he changes the subject to looking for a new job. Ok I thought, let's hear it. So he tells me he talked to a friend that knows of a job in a bar in Pattaya, which would get him 100.000 baht in four monts so he can go back to his family in Laos and start a restaurant (which is a dream he talked about several times).

So I go like, that's 25.000 a month, that's not waiter job, you will have to drop your pants and considering you're 32 already, you not going to make that amount. He goes on and on about, no just a normal waiting job.

Of course I told him again, no my dear friend, not possible, but he kept insisting it was and that he would go next month.

Now he could of course just be winding me up, or even hoping I would give him money to keep him out of that job, but I have no intention of doing that, he isn't my boyfriend anymore.

Having said that, I don't want him doing this, not because he would have sex with other blokes (that never ever was a problem) but just because I know he isn't cut out for this job. It was something he said that was burried in the chat that makes me believe he seriously is considering this "when have no money, I think I can drop"

I already know where this is going, he won't be making anywhere near 25.000 per month, and he simply isn't cut out for the job, he is missing street smarts and he will be taken advantage of right left and center. Not to mention he is already 32, which I suppose isn't the ideal age to be offing a lot of customers (but I might be wrong).

Anyway, I am now trying to think of ways to talk him out of this, maybe you guys can offer some advice ?