Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: where are all the young motor bike taxi drivers gone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: where are all the young motor bike taxi drivers gone?

JB, I would never catch a motorbike taxi, but here's what I would do:

First, put your hand on his shoulders and say: "Here ok?"

Then put your hands around his waist and ask the same question.

That way, he gets to decide where your hands go and nobody loses face or feels awkward.

Liked

Re: where are all the young motor bike taxi drivers gone?

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Having carefully gone through your signs and symptoms, Jellybean, we are of the opinion that you're having a condition commonly ascribed to pathological shyness.
    Nothing to worry about really . . .
    Your diagnosis of ‘pathological shyness’, dinagam, seems spot on and yet again I commend you for your intuitive powers. Damn it! I’ll have to add it to my growing list of ailments and health problems.

Goodness. If I was a horse, I do believe the vet would have despatched me to the knackers’ yard years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Jellybean, you could hold onto the "grab handles" on the seat? No need to invade the driver's privacy by wrapping your arms around him and groping him, surreptitiously.
    Blimey françois! I think lonelywombat may have had a point at his post #22. Perhaps you are in need of some cor-rec-tion, so in a spirit of brotherly love, I might grip hold of your grab handles the next time I see you . . . you . . . you . . . acidic old frog you! 555!

Seriously though, I meant it when I said above that I was "lily-livered" when on the back of a motorcycle taxi and therefore hold on to the driver for dear life (see comment below to a447). I simply would not trust the grab handles.

And had you been reading carefully, you would have noted that I said I am too shy to hold the driver’s waist, never mind groping him, surreptitiously or otherwise. I wish however I was bold enough to follow through the advice given by Blacktouch, a447 and dinagam and invite a handsome young driver out for a drink or to come up and see my etchings.

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    JB, I would never catch a motorbike taxi, but here's what I would do:

First, put your hand on his shoulders and say: "Here ok?"

Then put your hands around his waist and ask the same question.

That way, he gets to decide where your hands go and nobody loses face or feels awkward.
    Yes, well I am of a similar mind a447, and rarely use a motorcycle taxi in Bangkok. But when I was in Pattaya during my two recent visits, I was using them four times a day to get from my hotel to various destinations including dtuk-com, Sunee Plaza, Boyz Town or to designated meeting places.

And believe me when I say, nearly all of my drivers were enormous, great puddings and that I doubt I would have managed to get my hands around their waists! If you ask me, they were all regular pie eaters at Tinnies and are no doubt personally known to snotface! Lol!

But rest assured, I never saw a handsome driver while I was in Pattaya. In fact, one night when I had arranged to meet françois, the driver I engaged was, I guess, at least 20 years past retirement age! The old bugger kept braking suddenly, causing me to shift on the seat and bang my chin against his crash helmet. And when I readjusted my position on the bike, he lost control and zigged-zagged about in a most dangerous fashion!

Twice I thought we were going to crash! And he had the cheek to complain it was my fault and not his excessive and sudden use of the brakes. Believe me, I was a bag of nerves when I met françois and a member of the Gaybutton Thai forum. I was so shaken up, I was in desperate need of a stiff drink to steady my nerves!

So a447, I can well understand your reluctance to catch a motorcycle taxi. Do so at your peril, is my considered advice - so there!