Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok Massage Venues

Liked

Bangkok Massage Venues

Over the years I have been to many of the places reviewed in this forum. My recently completed trip took me to three previously untried massage places and also to a favorite, Urban Male. My favorite, hands down, is 61 MALE MASSAGE, (soi 61 off Sukhumvit, Ekamai BTS). The facility is nice, the guys good looking and accommodating and the guy running the place very professional. The massage was good. I booked an hour and a half. We finished (everything) about 15 minutes early and the masseur took note of that and said, "you still have 15 minutes. I'll work on your back some more." That has never happened before. Prices are a little more than some of the shops.
    I had read about The Prince massage (off Sahorn Rd., Sala Daeng or Chong Nosi BTS and then a 10-15 minute walk) and decided to give it a try. It is a nice facility and about 10-12 guys available when I visited . Very spendy. 1 1/2 hour oil massage is 1100 with a minimum 1500 tIp. My guy was straight, so only a top, good looking and a very nice build. The massage was ok, but not great and the extra was adequate. But he was very nice. I think 61 male, though with far fewer guys to choose from, is a better place.
    I tried a newer venue, Waternest Massage, (soi 39 Sukhumvit, Phrom Phong BTS). There was a selection of six or eight guys and the facility was good, but still seemed to be a work in progress. I had the body scrub and oil massage. The prices are about the same as 61 Male and the massage was good. Not outstanding, but worth a visit.
    As is often pointed out, ones experience varies widely with your randomly chosen masseur from a constantly revolving pool of available guys. I very seldom have been able to have a second massage by a guy I liked on a next trip to Thailand. But each massage is also an adventure much like a blind first date (and you're buying diner!) Hey, that's part of the fun.
    This trip also took me to Phnom Penh (a great city if you have not been). I don't know that it has much of a gay scene or at least I didn't spend time to ferret it out. I asked my Tuktuk driver to take me for a massage and when I arrived I requested a masseur. I don't know if he was gay or not-I was just interested in a good massage-and it was one of the best I've had.

Liked

Re: Bangkok Massage Venues

Thanks very much morse for your comments on Club61 Male Massage Spa. IтАЩd never been to this establishment and I donтАЩt think IтАЩd even heard of it before, or maybe IтАЩd just forgotten reading about it on the forum.

So given your report, I thought IтАЩd give it a try. For those members who havenтАЩt already been, Club61 Male Massage Spa can be found at 28/11 Sukumvit Soi 61. The nearest Sky train station, as morse said above, is BTS Ekkamai. Take Exit 1 and walk past Soi 63 and itтАЩs the next soi. It is on the right-hand side, a few 100 metres up the soi, just past The Address apartment block.

The size and layout reminded me of Jey Spa, on Sukumvit Soi 41, where I had quite a few memorable massages. I thought it had closed, but checked out their website as I was drafting this post and see that it is still active and shows photos of 7 masseurs, none of whom, I must say, appeal to me.

Anyway, back to Club61. There were six masseurs available when I called, around 06:30pm, only two of whom I found attractive. But before I entered the massage parlour I was determined to choose a masseur even if I didnтАЩt initially find him attractive. I read elsewhere that a member here did exactly that at Hero and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of both parts of the massage experience.

I chose a one hour cream massage at a cost of 700 baht. I was told that the minimum tip for the masseur is 1,000 baht. I have yet to visit a massage joint where the minimum tip is less than 1,000 baht.

The room was quite large with a toilet and shower en-suite. IтАЩve never seen a toilet en suite before in a massage room. The boy left the room and I showered. He then returned, proceeded to have a pee in the toilet and did not shower. Oooh . . . I didnтАЩt like that one bit. And when did he last have a shower I wondered? ItтАЩs the first time a masseur has not showered after me.

He asked me what type of massage I wanted тАУ a pleasurable one, I was about to reply, but instead I said, тАЬNot too hardтАЭ as I think that was the type of answer he expected.

IтАЩm no expert on massage technique, but it felt very professional and made me feel very relaxed. And the background music helped to induce that dream like state which adds to the experience. But тАШpart oneтАЩ did seem to carry on for some considerable time and reminded me of the non-sexual massages I had when I first started holidaying in Thailand. I was beginning to wonder if he thought I didnтАЩt want to move on to тАШpart twoтАЩ. There was no body-to-body massage which IтАЩve become accustomed to and which I enjoy very much. Rightly or wrongly I now feel disappointed when it doesnтАЩt happen.

My thoughts started drifting off on to the time and I wondered how much time we had left? Ah-ha, then he asked me to turn over and he stood by the side of the table and brushed past my hand thereby signalling that we were, at last, moving on to the second half. Things then proceeded swiftly as he judged correctly what I liked. He reached a тАШhappy endingтАЩ very quickly and I was not too far behind. Perhaps this is part of the technique, to keep you simmering under the surface, then bring you to the boil very quickly.

Following my previous bad experience at The Prince, IтАЩve decided it is better not to expect the masseur to join me in the shower afterwards and not feel disappointed. So I wasnтАЩt surprised when he went off to shower alone. At least it gave me a few minutes just to relax and recover. After he finished showering he left the room while I showered. He then returned as I was getting dressed. We exchanged a few pleasantries, then it became obvious that I was expected to tip him in the room and not at the reception.

It wasnтАЩt a particularly great experience, IтАЩve had much better elsewhere and I thought all he deserved was the 1,000 baht minimum tip. Oh dear, I think he was expecting more. Well, had there been body-to-body massage, had he showered with me at the end, had there been a bit more erotic/ sexual content to the massage then yes, I would have paid him 500 baht extra. But I really didnтАЩt think he deserved it.

Would I return? As it wasnтАЩt exactly a great experience I would say, not any day soon, but I wouldnтАЩt write it off completely. At the end of the day, I think I prefer massage joints with a greater selection of more attractive masseurs, places where they do body-to-body massage and where there is a greater erotic content to the massage. Of course, it is entirely possible that if I were to return and choose a different masseur I could have a better experience. ThatтАЩs why I said I wonтАЩt write it off.

Finally, their website, with photos of 14 masseurs can be found at http://www.club61malemassage.com
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

club61 was once MARS Spa, held by a ChiangMai based firm. They (should be) still tehre and also had an other outlet in faraway North-BKK. And now in Phuket. I recall to have read its pretty useless going there without advance reservation, but not sure how much that is enforced. However, JEY is quite different- 61 is a house in a row, Jey is freestanding and has no floors-in use. Since more as 1 year JEY does not show its boys anymore on its uptodate site (on TMB), so you must have googled some old one. I've re-met a same guy there quite a few times.
    BKK still has a few m2m msg shops that quote a 500 bt min.tip. ARENA and UNIMAN, both aiming farang only and both also described as being unkempt and dirty. But the catch is, that this only includes handjobs and you will have some persistance needed to both boy and manager to stick to that. Of course there are still quite a few in suburbia, Thai only, that will do for a little less. If they have big signs about min. 1000-then this mostly says this is a recent raised price for the regular Thais. The 9/NINE also has an outlet in Sapan kwai-Liberty HTL with quite a different format and type of boys-and no stated MIN.

Liked

A word on body-to-body massage. I had only two out of my dozens (usually 1 hour oil) massages with male masseurs. One was in "The Sun" opposite Tawan bar on my first visit there, the other one in Playboy (under BTS Sala Daeng) with a boy I have known for longer.

I clearly prefer massage with hands (and elbow/forearm) to body massage. You have the full weight of the masseur on your body and I dislike the scratching of pubic hair on my butt and back.

Liked

I tend to agree Christian, I prefer massage the proper way but will take body on body massage just prior to having sex

Liked

Dear-oh-dear, I am sorry if I implied in my earlier post that body-to-body massage is all I want when I go for a massage, or that it should form the majority of the time the masseur spends on the massage part of the experience. I donтАЩt believe I said that, but if thatтАЩs how it came across, then let me say that is not the case. I expect the masseur to spend the majority of stage one using his hands, elbow and forearm on my feet, legs, back, shoulders and arms, all the traditional areas for a non-sexual massage. If the masseur is good at his job, and I find myself in a relaxed state and drifting off to sleep then I feel truly satisfied.

And I am broadly in agreement with the comments made by Maxxy. For me, the body-to-body forms only a small, but important part of the whole experience. It smooths the transition from the non-sexual part one to part two and does help, in my view, to avoid the awkwardness of knowing when the sexual part should begin.

And I canтАЩt say IтАЩve ever thought of any guyтАЩs pubic hair as тАЬscratchingтАЭ me. What an odd concept. Normally I would expect a cock (and an aroused one at that) to be rubbing against my back and not a Brillo pad! =)) If the masseur becomes aroused while undertaking the body-to-body part then, of course, thatтАЩs a sure fire sign that part one has ended and youтАЩre likely to have a very pleasurable experience because the masseur is clearly enjoying himself. And as heтАЩs already aroused, his state of arousal has always had a knock on effect.

In any case, I was just saying in my previous post what I enjoy. I was not dictating what others should like, enjoy or do when visiting a massage parlour. Note to self: Try and write in clearer English in future so that further explanations of this type are unnecessary.

Liked

Rather than start a new topic I hope itтАЩs okay to use this thread as a vehicle for carrying on my reports on recent visits to massage parlours in Bangkok. The first of which is:

Bangkok Massage
    Soi bpr├а-dtuu chai also known as Soi Twilight

It is the first massage parlour on the right as you enter the soi from Surawong Road. It was not my first visit to Bangkok Massage, IтАЩd been there at least twice, but probably a couple of years ago; so I was familiar with the set up.

There were three masseurs sitting outside when I arrived. Typically they were concentrating on the contents of their smart тАШphones and showed no interest in passing potential customers. But one boy did actually break away from his тАШphone and looked up at me. I asked him about the cost of a massage. He informed me it costs 500 baht for the massage with another 500 baht to the masseur. I asked about тАШextrasтАЩ. He replied that the minimum tip then rose to 1,000 baht. The boy had a very good command of English and I liked the cut of his jib. I went upstairs and the manager repeated what the masseur had told me. I chose the one hour cream massage at 500 baht. He asked what I wanted in the way of extras and if I wanted gay or straight. I opted for gay, he then clapped his hands and called out something in Thai. A large group of boys appeared out of nowhere, perhaps 10-12 attractive, young but not overly muscly boys stood in a row. To be honest, they all looked perfectly acceptable to me and I joked that, sadly, I could select only one. I chose the boy from downstairs who had explained the price structure to me.

We went to a room, the style of which I recalled from the past. The room was small with no en-suite shower. There was a bed and not a table, which I actually prefer. The boy told me to, тАЬGet nakedтАЭ then he would return to take me to the showers on the same floor. They are not very private, especially the first one which has just a shower curtain to protect your embarrassment. At the shower he asked if I wanted to shower alone or with him. That I considered a really nice touch because I find it helps to break the ice between the customer and the masseur. He did a thorough job, then we returned to the room, where he asked if I wanted medium or hard massage. I chose medium.
    He carried out a very effective massage, although I felt it was a little too hard at times and he apologised when I let out the occasional groan of pain. There was no body-to-body massage, but he was naked throughout the massage and he leant across my back and legs on several occasions and I felt his soft cock brush my body. At this point I was thinking he deserved extra and I was considering tipping him 1,500 baht.

However, when we moved on to part two, I wasnтАЩt as satisfied. He manoeuvred us into a really awkward position, almost akin to the party game called Twister with hand and foot positions laid out on a mat. LOL! When I tried to ease him into a more comfortable position he appeared to resist and complain, although I was asking for nothing out of the ordinary. He yelped at the least touch, his reaction seemed pretty fake to me. It was perfectly obvious that he wanted to do nothing more than a basic hand job. How disappointing I thought. Had he been a bar boy whom IтАЩd taken back home or to a hotel, I think I would have had more control. But in a massage parlour with a minimum tip, I feel the boy can basically try and get away with the least possible.

Then he told me he could not cum because he was tired! It could not have been later than 09:00pm! In these circumstances do you have the right to complain? I had the choice of reducing his fee and complaining, or I could just accept the disappointing position I found myself in. I chose the latter. Anything for an easy life and I didnтАЩt want to get a bad reputation with the boys. On the plus side, I did really enjoy the massage part.

We returned to the shower, where he did a very effective job in washing off the cream. ItтАЩs just a pity he wasnтАЩt quite as effective in the sexual part. As he didnтАЩt satisfy me as much as I would have wished, I tipped him the minimum 1,000 baht. I must have successful hidden my disappointment because he asked if I would be back the next day! Well, IтАЩd certainly return to Bangkok Massage, but I wonтАЩt be choosing him again, thatтАЩs for sure! On a scale of 1-10 I would say that it merited a low 5/10.

And one final comment. Throughout the massage experience I was surprised to hear female voices, screams and shrieks of laughter, which I found quite off putting. IтАЩd never seen or heard females in a male-to-male sex massage joint before. I asked the masseur if there were woman getting a massage. He confirmed that women sometimes visited Bangkok Massage and they were mainly Asian, Chinese or Korean.

~0~

My future posts will recount my experiences at The Prince MenтАЩs Spa Sathorn, V Club 7 and Hero MenтАЩs Fitness Club.

To be continued . . .

Liked

V Club 7
    Soi Phaholyothin 7, Soi Ari 4

This was my first visit to V Cub 7. IтАЩve wanted to go to this massage parlour for a number of years, but its distance from my condo always put me off. Yet, I doubt it is much farther than Hero MenтАЩs Fitness Club in Sukumvit, which IтАЩve visited on numerous occasions. So I thought it was about time I paid it a visit.

The nearest sky-train station is BTS Ari. Once there, take exit 3 and after a short walk, turn left into Soi Phaholyothin 7 and walk farther down until you reach Soi Ari 4. Walk down the soi a few hundred metres and it is on the right in the same building as Chakran Sauna. The entrance is down a narrow alley at the back of the building and itтАЩs on the first floor (US 2nd floor).

My first impression was that it looked well appointed. Lots of comfy seats, a bar and there were several Asian customers there when I arrived, around 17:30. I was given a price list showing various rates depending on how long you wanted to spend having a massage. A Thai massage costs 700 baht. I chose the one hour cream massage costing 850 baht. The minimum tip is 1,000 baht for 1 hour and 1,500 baht for 90 minutes.

The masseurs are located in a small room with glass panelled windows on three sides. The boys were wandering in and out, so it was difficult to count the exact number available. Perhaps a reasonable estimate would be between 12 and 16. But what struck me was that, unlike other establishments, the boys didnтАЩt stand up and encourage the customers to select them. In fact, some were concentrating on their mobile тАШphones, just like in тАШSoi TwilightтАЩ, and others were just lounging about and chatting to each other! And I wasnтАЩt the only customer hoping to select a masseur. I always find this part the most awkward and even more difficult on this occasion because I really couldnтАЩt get a good look at the boys. I suppose thatтАЩs what makes go-go bars a much easier option for selecting a boy, as you get a good all round view of the boys.

So I made my decision, perhaps too quickly, because when he stood up he looked thinner than I would have normally liked. I was then asked to pay in advance, the first massage place IтАЩve visited where this has happened. I expressed my surprise and asked what if the massage is not to my satisfaction. Not sure if he understood my question or I understood his answer. Maybe along the lines of they never have disappointed customers or I could inform the reception. Nevertheless, I didnтАЩt like paying in advance.

I was taken upstairs and ushered into a small, dimly lit room with a shower. I was asked to shower and the masseur left the room. After I had showered the masseur returned and I positioned myself face down on the bed. I then made the mistake of commenting on the lack of background music as it seemed eerily quiet. Then I heard him fumble for something and thought, oh-no heтАЩs going to play music from his mobile тАШphone! I then tried, in vain, to persuade him that it was not a problem, no music was ok. But he persisted and played Thai music at a volume that would have been suitable in a nightclub, not the small confines of a massage room where the customer is supposed to be chilled out and relaxed. Of course I was expecting soft, relaxing music, the sort normally associated with massage joints. So I was anything but relaxed and it was my own fault!

The massage itself was poor. He was far too delicate and light of touch, so I wouldnтАЩt even describe it as a massage. Then when he asked me to turn over, he surprised me by not continuing with the massage, but simply asking me if I was a top or a bottom. So a very sudden end to part one and a quick entry into part two.

The second part wasnтАЩt exceptional or memorable in any way, just so-so. I felt hugely disappointed. I showered alone while he went off somewhere. When he returned I paid him the minimum 1,000 baht, although I felt he didn't deserve it.

As I left the massage room I saw a stunning masseur with a towel wrapped around his waist. He said тАШhelloтАЩ to me as I passed by. Wow! I thought, donтАЩt think I had seen him downstairs. I'd certainly like to choose him the next time I visit V Club 7, but the next time is likely to be November at the earliest and I rather doubt I'll remember what he looks like or if he'll still be working there.

When leaving V Club 7 you do not walk through the reception area, so no interaction with the reception staff as you have paid in advance. You simply just continue down the stairwell to the exit on the ground floor. Perhaps thatтАЩs one reason why they ask for payment up front.

It is not a good idea to write off a massage joint based on one experience. There is a big selection of masseurs available at V Club 7, many of whom are very attractive. I just need to ensure on my next visit I spend more time on the selection process and never comment on the lack of background music ever again! LOL!

V Club 7 has its own website http://www.Vclub7.net which shows a good selection of very handsome boys. ItтАЩs worth a try if you havenтАЩt already been.

The following day a friend told me he had gone to Hero the previous afternoon and rated his experience 10/10. On that scale I would rate my experience as a low 4/10. In short, pretty disappointing, but, hopefully, IтАЩll have better luck next time!

~0~

My future posts will recount my experiences at The Prince MenтАЩs Spa Sathorn, Hero MenтАЩs Fitness Club and Bonny Massage.

To be continued . . .

Liked

Thank you very much, Jellybean, for your excellent reports! I especially appreciate that they have all numbers I could ask for and are warts and all (compared to Pollyanna-esque reports by others).

I remember the position of Bangkok and Bonny in Soi Twilight this way: they are in alphabetical order when coming from Surawong.
    V-Club is upstairs of Chakran sauna, I think there is a direct connection from sauna to massage.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean
    I chose a one hour cream massage at a cost of 700 baht. I was told that the minimum tip for the masseur is 1,000 baht. I have yet to visit a massage joint where the minimum tip is less than 1,000 baht.
    These posts remind me why I have never bothered to take a massage in my frequent trips to Bangkok...I did in my 1st ever, a hundred years ago, at the bottom of Soi 4, approx. where Sphinx is now, next to the then wonderful Lonely Boy. How happy I am to be able to have a weekly massage here in Ubud, Bali. Aromatherapy Massage 1 hour $10, extras give him a $10 tip [$5 for regulars] and you will get a big smiling thank you.