Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: How weird is this>

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: How weird is this>

Right, this is getting ridiculous.

I'm not saying that Joe's guy is a sex worker but some of the instances others are mentioning definitely sound to me like the boys being mentioned as "massage boys" are essentially sex workers.

We are being expected to believe that sex workers are routinely being granted Visas to travel in Europe?

Have you any idea how difficult it is for a non-wealthy Thai with a regular job and cash in the bank to get a Visa for anywhere in Europe?

There are regularly employed guys in the UK who are legally married to Thai women and have kids by them who can't even a Visa for their legal spouse allowing her into the country - and you're trying to tell us that sex workers can just travel in and out of Europe with no problem?

Sorry, I just don't buy it

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Are we are being expected to believe that sex workers are routinely being granted Visas to travel in Europe?
    Ah, yes SG ?? Obviously they're not putting themselves down as sex workers I'm sure and maybe listing as tourists or whatever but them being able to gain access has been very common for a long time.

Are you sure you're not getting confused with them getting their visas into the UK and Ireland which is of course albeit neigh on impossible it seems for some.

But in terms of them travelling to Europe either for a holiday or yes to even work then that's just standard Schengen Area visa stuff and that covering the 26 European Countries who are signed up for that and basically as long as a Thai guy finds and EU guy ( living within the Schengen area) who will sign their application form showing themselves as the Thai guys sponsor, basically saying he'll take financial responsibility for them etc, then thats it, they're in.

All very simple, quick and easy and I know many many Thai guys and guys from other places such as Bali etc who all use this facility quite a lot, in fact one of my Bali friends just in the Netherlands only just this week.

It is absolutely infuriating watching them come and go throughout Europe knowing that they can't make it the last wee bit over to us here, assuming they've got their Schengen visa in place as it which allows them up to six months unhindered travel basically anywhere in Europe (except the UK and Ireland ). I'm actually more surprised just that you hadn't heard of this before?

This by the way SG ( as I'm guessing you're sitting there scratching your head about this) is and was no different to my Flipino ( who wasn't a British citizen back then) having to go to the Consulate in Edinburgh to apply for a Schengen Visa to enable us to go on holiday to Spain together. They checked his basic details and his return flight ticket to the UK and issued him the visa in minutes. Likewise If he'd of decided he wanted to go and stay there for 6 months he'd of simply produced the form with the sponspors details on it and after a suitable time to allow them to check those details he'd of probably been issued with that visa ( and multiple entry visas too) if he wished.

Like I say which makes it even MORE frustrating and the hope the British and Irish Governments have decided we should all jump through simply to get a few cute bar boys over for some fun - especially when you look at who they ARE allowing into our bloody Countries sometimes !
    Last edited by Nirish guy; October 13th, 2017 at 00:30.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    ..It is absolutely infuriating watching them come and go throughout Europe knowing that they can't make it the last wee bit over to us here...
    Given that there's no border between the Republic and NI (or mainland UK for that matter) I'd be tempted just to walk him though, wouldn't you?

I spent years saying "fuck your (anti-gay) laws" and it certainly wouldn't bother me to flout that one.

But, no I wasn't aware that Schengen Visas were so readily available and happy to stand corrected

I don't want to rake over my own immigration saga again but on Tues next week the BF has an interview for
    a UK Tourist Visa - yeah you read that right a fucking interview for a shitty Tourist Visa. Puts it all into perspective doesn't it.

I've been disappointed so many times I'm honestly not expecting it to go well but I guess you never know so fingers crossed.