Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Snookered in Hua Him...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Snookered in Hua Him...

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Allow me to wet your whistle slightly about boring old Hua Him.
    Only if 'wet your whistle' is a taster for more of the same to come. Real life happening in boring old HuaHin is a very welcome distraction from the usual fare here. Enjoyed that pool table tale.

I love a game of pool too. I'm not brilliant as I don't play enough, I only play when in Thailand so 'rusty' between visits, but I can stonewall away as I have an 'eye for the ball' as many football/golf/darts/badminton/cricket (if you must), players can have, but the pool table at Diamond Bar in Sunee is also great vantage point to view what's going on around the area with a couple of decent players there and only one freelancer shark (still to beat him, best I've done is down to the black). Pool tables in Sky Bar/Double Shot and Forest bar too although only played at Sky's iffy set up. But Marine (maleeen in Thai) Disco on Walking Street has excellent tables and plenty of them up the back if you're shy about spectators pouring over your every shot.

L&N with two tables in Jomtien used to be good too, is it still open? I seem to remember is being closed on my last trip.

I'm firmly in the 'slow shot-pot' camp, and if the sharp-shooter is in any way off the boil it can set up chances for amateurs like me to 'sneak in'. I engage in snookering tactics to make a game last a wee bit longer for me, much to the frustration of some of the excellent Thai blasters, that also throws up 'chances'...two attempts are better than one! is my response to the guys who mumble 'boring' under their breaths when giving away snookered 2 shots. Certainly calms them down though.

I have found in Thailand pool is a great way to interact with the lads, especially in Sunee/Pattaya as most lads are usually willing to have a go for fun and a few drinks around can be a great evening's fun before moving on to the more serious clubbing/music venues.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    ". I engage in snookering tactics to make a game last a wee bit longer".
    Which opens up the question of does anyone actually know IS it against the rules in Pool to INTENTIONALLY "snooker" someone, as I too wouldn't be adverse to such dirty tactics when up against it ( i.e. most times I ever play!) but have been lamblasted on more than one occassion by pool players who profess to know the actual rules of the game who claim it's "not on" - so, does anyone actually KNOW per chance, is that an illegal move or not ??

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Which opens up the question of does anyone actually know IS it against the rules in Pool to INTENTIONALLY "snooker" someone, as I too wouldn't be adverse to such dirty tactics when up against it ( i.e. most times I ever play!) but have been lamblasted on more than one occassion by pool players who profess to know the actual rules of the game who claim it's "not on" - so, does anyone actually KNOW per chance, is that an illegal move or not ??
    Mine are compete accidents of course! such luck.... even if legal possibly not 'in the spirit of the game' but often it's the only chance in hell I have...so accidents do happen.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 22nd, 2017), Nirish guy (November 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    " ... Which opens up the question of does anyone actually know IS it against the rules in Pool to INTENTIONALLY "snooker" someone ... "

Absolutely OK to 'snooker' an opponent in pool. There is a significant difference however between a snooker move in pool and a snooker move in snooker the game.

In snooker (the game) you can snooker your opponent in any way you want. The more difficult your snooker move to your opponent, the better. In snooker (the game) there is a great deal of admiration for a successful snooker shot.

In pool you can certainly attempt to snooker your opponent, but in your snooker shot itself you must hit the rag at least once with any one of the balls in play. In pool many rookie players look down on getting intentionly snookered, but they don't know the rules. Some get angry and think you are a cheat.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand