Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben & Lek "Gay friendly guesthouse?"

Liked

Re: Ben & Lek "Gay friendly guesthouse?"

Thanks, I think.. Obviously no first hand experience of B&L to be found here..

Liked

Don't give up on Sawatdee mate ... it's kinda like that here. Seeing as how you've already made your booking please come back with a review of Ben&Lek. Who knows, you may well have a ball there. And if you don't, grab one of Colmx's .
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (October 20th, 2019), poshglasgow (December 8th, 2019)

Liked

Thanks Smiles. I'm not giving up anything. I joined the site only recently, but have been "lurking in the shadows," as a guest and a digger of useful information for a long time. This thread has evolved the way most threads tend to do - beside the original point. No surprice here. And yes, will post a review of B&L if find the place worth it..

BRGDS

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by OldFool View Post
    Thanks Smiles. I'm not giving up anything. I joined the site only recently, but have been "lurking in the shadows," as a guest and a digger of useful information for a long time. This thread has evolved the way most threads tend to do - beside the original point. No surprice here. And yes, will post a review of B&L if find the place worth it..

BRGDS
    Firstly, may I wish you a warm welcome to the forum, OldFool. I am glad that you decided to come in from the shadows and become a member.

With regard to the suggestion made by Smiles at post #12, I am happy to note you will consider taking up his suggestion and may let us have a review of Ben and Lek Gay Friendly Guesthouse.

From a quick search of our posts, it does not appear to be a guest house which has been mentioned here in the past, so it will be interesting to see if you find it worth recommending to our members and readers.

Liked

At least one of their photos shows a room with 2 double beds and 4 lockers. Such arrangements are usually for backpackers.

The rooms look dire.

You could probably walk to Sunee in about 20 minutes. Any bar boy won't want to walk back. I presume the boys on phone apps will find you.

The only reason to stay here would be a very tight budget.

I take no notice at all of "gay friendly" in Pattaya. I have stayed in a hotel run by the owners of a girlie bar several times & had loads of boys and zero girls in my room. The only thing I make sure of is not staying in a hotel frequented by Arabs or Indians.

Liked

Ah yes, Arabs and Indians. My hotel puts them on separate floors far away from me. Thai service at its absolute best..

It's not clear if the OP knows Pattaya but I personally would urge him to re-consider his choice of accommodation.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

colmx (October 20th, 2019), goji (October 20th, 2019)

Liked

First, Thank you Jellybeaan. Glad to be coming out from the shadows and into light(?) Further, few points regarding this thread. I asked if there were any first hand experience of B & L? No such luck, but few other issues surfaced. S.a. budget. I spend normally arnd. 500€/m. for my accommodation in P, and at B&L I get a lot for that same amount. 60m2 with separate bedroom, kitchenette, big balcony and pool close by. Further, it appear that I am the only guest on my floor. No need or wish to socilize with the low-life, as mentioned in some of the replies.- Distance from "action." Good thing in a sense, that likely quieter than most places close to "action." And why would I walk? I intend to rent a bike, as I always do. If I take an occasional "special friend" with me, can afford 50-100b for the ride. And I have used Moto-taxi daily when in P, Not comfortable driving when dark, otherwise no problem. The totally enjoyable, insane Thai traffic adrenalin surges keep me young.

As stated before, will try this out, and if worth it, let you know how it was.- Have a nice day gentlemen

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 20th, 2019), Jellybean (October 20th, 2019)

Liked

Walking is dangerous because Soi Land Department, upon which you will be walking most of the way, is narrow, crowded and, of course sidewalkless. It's also become incredibly busy the last year or so. The traffic light at 3rd road backs up traffic on Soi Land Department for quite a distance both ways during rush hour, so if you're in a vehicle you can expect to need a couple of light cycles to get through.

Liked

I'm a strong believer in the fact that, by and large, you get what you pay for. So if I'm only paying 300 baht or so per night I certainly wouldn't have high expectations of a comfortable stay.

I'd be very interested in your review. This is Thailand so who knows? Anything is possible!

Liked

Also. This is clearly a very low budget establishment. While I'm sure the OP is a decent enough fellow one has to ask what sort of other guests are likely to be staying there.