Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: History of Soi Twilight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: History of Soi Twilight

I actually fell in love with a waiter at Barbiery and I always hooked up with him every visit from 1981 until 1985. The third floor also had a lounge area but I never went up there as I had no need. I know were always swung by Apollo as it was a great place to dance back then. There was also one other club we would visit but I cannot recall its name. The bar boys were pretty loyal to their bar....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TaoR View Post
    I know were always swung by Apollo as it was a great place to dance back then.
    Not surprising that memories are somewhat hazy that far back. Having been there many times I just do not recall Apollo ever being a dance bar! As I remember it was a small space with a small bar on the left as you entered and a sort of zig zag catwalk on which the boys did their stuff. The rest of the space was seating for customers. I wonder if you might be thinking of Rome Club which then was the famous Soi 4 gay dance club.

3. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (September 16th, 2021)

Liked

Armando, You are correct, I remember two spots both of them had names from Greece and or Rome. I remember the Rome Club because I loved to dance and we always spent a lot of time there. I also remember a bar that had a odd catwalk...so that was Apollo. Then outside of those three (including Barbiery) that is all I remember. I do not remember anything along the size of the pictures I see today of Bangkok or Pattaya! If this is "demise" (pre COVID) then I don't know what to say....