List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attention: rare in Pattaya. Really good coffee. Patrons are welcome! Jomtien complex.

Liked

Re: Attention: rare in Pattaya. Really good coffee. Patrons are welcome! Jomtien complex.

Came to Jomtien specifically for this coffee shop, walked through the complex, couldn't find it.
    Asked at Dick's if they knew this place, and manager said there is no Meeting Place at complex. Well, obviously it is here, successfully hidden.
    Ended up ordering at Dick's, always excellent Thai food and coffee drinkable.

Does anyone know what is next to Meeting Place, or what is opposite? Is it closer to Theappya Rd Thepprasit end entrance?

Disregard, friendly foreigner pointed to where it is, it is a portable cafe, I marched right by it without noticing. It is across Dodo's bar, on the corner. There is a massage shop across it, and every time I pass, I put my head down, massage guys need work, get excited when someone walks by, and I feel guilty just passing by.

https://i.imgur.com/UQGbQMA.jpg

2. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (February 13th, 2022)

Liked

Re: Attention: rare in Pattaya. Really good coffee. Patrons are welcome! Jomtien complex.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Ended up ordering at Dick's, always excellent Thai food and coffee drinkable.
    I had a coffee at Dick's about 10 years ago and have been in no hurry to risk it again. From your description, perhaps it has improved.

Liked

Coffee latte is not bad, it is strong and much more a cappuccino than latte, at 60 baht no complaints. Starbucks smallest latte now 135 baht, with staff borderline rude on every location except Avenue.
    Dick's have comfy chairs to lounge for an hour. I used to eat there every day when living in Jomtien, their fried rice with shrimp is really good.

Complex very quiet during day, as you know, most places only staff sitting around. I never was huge fan of Jomtien Complex, and ppreferred Boyztown, but now starting to like ccomplex more and more. Tomorrow Meeting Point

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I had a coffee at Dick's about 10 years ago and have been in no hurry to risk it again. From your description, perhaps it has improved.
    I dont now about the coffee but I do know that they do GREAT milkshakes though !!

I think perhaps one of the best I've ever had and they're always on my list on my return and they've yet to disappoint .

Although I'm never quite sure as to whether they ARE in fact lovely or I'm just so relaxed and pleased that I'm sitting in pattaya, perhaps with some nice company that the world seems so great that I just THINK they're lovely !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...why would u feel guilty walking past a massage shop....unfathomable...r u like canadian...do u say sorry every 30 min or so...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...why would u feel guilty walking past a massage shop....unfathomable...r u like canadian...do u say sorry every 30 min or so...

At risk of sounding rude, fuck off.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

mr giggles (February 11th, 2022), Ruthrieston (February 11th, 2022)

Liked

Meeting Place latte is seriously good coffee, easily competes with Benjamin Coffee Roasters cafe on Pattaya Tai, South Rd, many seem to consider best coffee in Pattaya.

Very small place, and with nine foreigners and one Thai customer, the busiest place in Jomtien Complex around 4 PM. Every other place anywhere near has staff only sitting around at this early hour

Definitely worth going to taste their stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/9eul0CS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iP9c0K6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KWm5D3Q.jpg

Massage shop view from Meeting Place:

https://i.imgur.com/a1Cjdz9.jpg

Super friendly staff.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (February 11th, 2022)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    Some of us suffer a little sometimes for our kinder hearts. I think it’s not a problem that you have ever had.

12. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (February 11th, 2022), dab69 (February 11th, 2022), DoubleDutch (February 11th, 2022), Khor tose (February 13th, 2022), mr giggles (February 11th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...I'm at a total loss...why feel guilty when walking past a massage shop.....I get slightly excited...scan for talent...if its got potential make a mental note to come back if rightg now is not possible...but guilty??/ why???

Liked

I totally agree with latintopxxx. I didn't come to Thailand to do charitable work. When I walk past a massage shop, I acknowledge their attempts with a smile or even a Hello, but feel no guilt for not using their services.