Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
?? Without meaning to cheeky ...... why not just type in “Tuk Com”to goggle maps and then literally follow the map as it walks you there “live” ? Very easy to do and once you’ve the journey loaded up you don’t need phone signal etc as your phones GPS will handle that for you from there.

You know, follow the blue dot thing as you move it moves and you can see on its map when to turn etc.

I use that almost permanently when in a new place and it gets me to where I need to be 99% of the time perfectly well.

I think google maps must be one of the best inventions in the last 20 years and I’d be lost without it these days if having to start trying to reading maps again etc, plus it’s also great for finding venues just from their names etc. Give it a go maybe.
That sounds like a good idea. But, I'm exploring better phone plans many American plans are in the dark ages. Roaming charges are huge so I turn off celluar data when traveling outside the US - this - I believe eliminates this GPS process. I use only the wifi at the hotel. When I say the celluar roaming charges are they can be huge, thousands if you have notifications turned on for apps you use at home. If there is a way out of this I would love to know - I see that your saying you can load it and the GPS takers over -- without data roaming????