Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid Insurance

Liked

Re: Covid Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Philex View Post
    Says our PM. AstraZenega vaccination starting in Finland
    In case you haven't heard, the 3rd phase trial (emphasis on trial) as been suspended.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/19...lained-illness

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post
    Hey Dodger;

That is old information, so the individual who sent that email out is mistaken -.....
    Hi again kkjason,

Pattaya Mail just released another article today written by Barry Kenyon. According to this update, the Elite Privilege is currently sitting on the back burner. If, in fact, you can bypass the Thai embassy in America entirely when obtaining your approval to travel as you stated that's good news, although again contradicts what's being reported on this end....as well as on the foreign embassy websites.

Maybe now you can see why obtaining "facts" in Thailand is like looking for a needle in a haystack...and sometimes the needle isn't even there!

Please let us know when you arrive in-country.

https://www.pattayamail.com/travel/p...r-again-314282

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Hi again kkjason,

Pattaya Mail just released another article today written by Barry Kenyon. According to this update, the Elite Privilege is currently sitting on the back burner. If, in fact, you can bypass the Thai embassy in America entirely when obtaining your approval to travel as you stated that's good news, although again contradicts what's being reported on this end....as well as on the foreign embassy websites.

Maybe now you can see why obtaining "facts" in Thailand is like looking for a needle in a haystack...and sometimes the needle isn't even there!

Please let us know when you arrive in-country.

https://www.pattayamail.com/travel/p...r-again-314282
    Hey There Dodger;

I just read that article. Once again - all it references is Thai Embassy websites abroad. Thai Embassies have never had anything to do with the Elite Visa, so I am not sure why this Barry guy continues to be all hung up on it. For example - when a person originally gets the Elite Visa, it is not the embassy that issues it. In fact, you travel into Thailand with a letter issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Upon arrival, Thai immigration literally puts the visa in your passport a few moments after you get off the plane. If you are already in Thailand when you get approved for the Elite Visa, you just get the stamp put in the next time you are in Bangkok. So, the point is, even now with COVID, Thai embassies have nothing to do with Elite Visa holders returning, so of course they will not have any information to post on their website. It is all done directly through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. My COE was issued via email - there is nothing to it. I just don't understand why 'Barry' is so hung up on trying to disparage Elite visa holders - all he is doing is spreading misinformation. I understand that Thai Embassies should be privy to this information, but that is not up to me. As was suggested in this very thread, all 'Barry' would have to do is call the Elite Visa office in Bangkok and he would get all of the answers that he needs - isn't that what a 'journalist' is supposed to do? Just my rant for the day -

4. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (September 12th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

as suggested in this very thread, all 'Barry' would have to do is call the Elite Visa office in Bangkok and he would get all of the answers that he needs - isn't that what a 'journalist' is supposed to do? Just my rant for the day -
    As also said before ....the media is the virus....

Liked

Just a normal procedure during f3 with large crowd. Still on schedule

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hey There Dodger;

I just read that article. Once again - all it references is Thai Embassy websites abroad. Thai Embassies have never had anything to do with the Elite Visa, so I am not sure why this Barry guy continues to be all hung up on it.
    Thank you again for your respnse, as well as your patience with this topic.

It's clear that Barry Kenyon simply doesn't know the details involved with the Elite Program.

Why this type of information isn't screened for accuracy during the editing process is a head-scratch, although, journalistic errors like like are unfortunately commonplace in Thai media in general. not isolated to Pattaya Mail articles.

I've already provided the Elite phone number along to 2 friends in the States in the event they may have interest in this going forward.

Thank you again for the information you're provided. Even though the Elite Program is not something I'm interested in, there may be others who are.

Enjoy your trip home...and please keep us posted.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

For those that don’t know Barry Kenyon lives in Pattaya and was the Honorary British Counsel who previously spent most of his time assisting expats at Pattaya Immigration.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...And once again people are posting information that has no basis in fact. I actually have an Elite Visa and have my COE to return next week......
    kkjason,

Understanding that you were due to arrive back in Thailand last week on your Elite Visa - can you please tell us how the trip went.

Thanks in advance

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    kkjason,

Understanding that you were due to arrive back in Thailand last week on your Elite Visa - can you please tell us how the trip went.

Thanks in advance

Hey Dodger;

Just going through old forum postings and saw this one - a bit late - ha! - The trip ended up going better than expected. I have nothing but good things to say about the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles. They called us several times leading up to our departure to make sure we had everything, As I applied for everything, they would call if there were missing anything. To be honest - and I am being serious here - the process for me to get the COE with the Elite Visa was extremely simple. Elite Visa in Bangkok produced the letter from the Ministry of Foregin Affairs. With that letter, I simply uploaded it to the website in Los Angeles, along with copies of my insurance (I guess I am lucky here in that my insurance in the United States covers me in Thailand and issued a letter to that effect - for COVID I am talking about), copy of plane ticket, and the hotel reservation. Dad got his new visa and approval. My husband got his and we were on our way. Thai consulate representatives were at the airport to meet us and make sure we had everything. They even gave my husband (and the other Thais) a goodie bag of pork and sticky rice. We both enjoyed that on the plane! It was uneventful checking in at Los Angeles. The flight to Korea was long and boring, as could be expected. Transfer in Korea was smooth. They didn't even check our documents again - I was ready though! Then, arrival in Bangkok was smooth going - It helps having dad with us because he is in a wheelchair - we seem to go to the front of the line everywhere. Dropped us off at the hotel eventually. 14 days and three negative covid tests later we were on our way to Khon Kaen where we have been loving life again for the past two months. I will say that this is the time to come back - they have streamlined this process. I think it is much easier to get approval to come back than it was in the early days - at least if you have everything together. The quarantine is not fun - but it is what it is I guess. My husband and I MAY need to go back to the States again next summer for a month - if the process is the same as it is now, we will have no issues - but I hope the world is in a much better state by then so we can avoid the quarantine!

Cheers -

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 3rd, 2020), christianpfc (December 3rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hey Dodger;

Just going through old forum postings and saw this one - a bit late - ha! - The trip ended up going better than expected.
    That's great news!

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm a bit surprised you didn't visit the forum during your 14 day quarantine. How in the hell did you keep busy?

Were you allowed the leave your hotel at all for exercise?

Any advice on what others should do to survive quarantine?