Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Under which Quarantine conditions would you be prepared to holiday in Thailand?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14 Days hotel or area quarantine

3 8.11%
  • 7 Days hotel or area quarantine

10 27.03%
  • I will only travel if there is no requirement to quarantine

19 51.35%
  • I have no plans to travel to Thailand

5 13.51%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Under which Quarantine conditions would you holiday in Thailand?

Liked

Re: Poll: Under which Quarantine conditions would you holiday in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I live here so my viewpoint is different. Originally I came not for the weather or the food but for the reason most of you came however, having witnessed the demise of the gay venues over the many years living here if this was not my home I wouldn’t rush back.
    1 When deciding where to take a holiday in the winter of 2021, people compare the alternatives available in 2021, pick the best and then enjoy it as best they can.
    Until someone invents time travel, we needn't compare Thailand today with Thailand 20 years ago when making the decision.
    We compare with Cambodia, Vietnam, The Philippines, Myanmar etc. All as of 2021. Simple.

How good it was 20 years ago is totally irrelevant when deciding where to take a vacation now.

2 You wouldn't holiday in Thailand, but are prepared to continue living there ? Sometimes it is best to judge people by their actions rather than their words.

"The world is your lobster" -Arthur Daley

2. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (June 30th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    2 You wouldn't holiday in Thailand, but are prepared to continue living there ? Sometimes it is best to judge people by their actions rather than their words.

"The world is your lobster" -Arthur Daley
    Apparently it’s fabulously easy for someone to leave his old life completely and migrate to a very foreign country not once but twice (and the second time without going back to his own country first. Perhaps goji can give us tips from his vast personal experience and how many times he’s done it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I live here so it really doesn't matter.

BUT...if I was coming to Thailand for a holiday I would only accept a short (7 day max) area quarantine if I could still go to the beach...the bars...the local entertainment venues...with boys around so I could enjoy sex. If the bars and entertainment venues were closed and there were no available boys around, it wouldn't be a holiday and I wouldn't come. I'd just hop a short flight to Mexico where I could sip tequila and lick the salt off the rims of a few burritos.

Liked

I'd be moving to Asia, so the quarantine restrictions don't really matter to me.

What matters to me is me doing my own research about the current situation, and whether or not I deem it safe. Right now, not a chance I'd go to Thailand even if I could.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    It’s a fairly simple alternative: which way do you prefer to be miserable before you can get to Pattaya (or wherever else you’re really going)? Note: there is no 7-day alternative for Phuket. It morphed into 14 days a few weeks ago.
    1. Pay 60,000 baht all-up, 3 meals-a-day locked in your 32 square metres hotel room and only Mr Hand for sexual companionship
    2. Pay considerably less for hotel and meals-when-how-and-where-you-choose unlocked on a 576 sq km island with the possibility of a hand job in the shopping mall public lavatories or even, just possibly, massage shop

Either way there’s the absolutely outrageous, budget-breaking, 50 baht/day COVID insurance policy blueskytoday keeps whining about.

Your choice.
    I have seen several occasions...upon arrival in Thailand an insurance policy of USD$100,000 is required.......which is why I whine about it......If I can get policy for 50Baht a day great...but no way to get such prior to arrival I assume......so guess I am still whining...

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    I have seen several occasions...upon arrival in Thailand an insurance policy of USD$100,000 is required.......which is why I whine about it......If I can get policy for 50Baht a day great...but no way to get such prior to arrival I assume......so guess I am still whining...
    As I and others have posted many times when you have raised the issue, there are links online on Thai Consulate pages worldwide. I’ve even posted a link at least twice to a company that will insure those over 75. Now get back to your whining.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Unless they have changed the procedure, you buy the insurance in advance. Got mine with AXA Thailand. Apply on line & they e-mail the pdfs. Easy.
    Those who actually want to go to Thailand will overcome these minor problems.
    However, it is just a money making scam with what looks like a loss ratio of under 10%. No competitive insurance market operates like that.

To add a bit more positivity: 44 baht to the pound.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Unless they have changed the procedure, you buy the insurance in advance. Got mine with AXA Thailand. Apply on line & they e-mail the pdfs. Easy.
    Those who actually want to go to Thailand will overcome these minor problems.
    However, it is just a money making scam with what looks like a loss ratio of under 10%. No competitive insurance market operates like that.
    Thailand - the Land of Scams

Liked

Posts discussing/questioning Matt's blindness have been moved here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...n-of-blindness

A447

Liked

According to the BBC, the first tourists have arrived in Phuket for the sandbox scheme.

If there is no better deal by winter, spending 2 weeks in Phuket then a few months anywhere in Thailand will seem fairly good compared with the British winter.