List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the current short time rate?

Liked

What is the current short time rate?

In a market economy price is set by market forces.

Since the number of gay farang tourists has declined due to the pandemic, I assume that the retired expats living in Pattaya, have the time of their life now? I say that because of declining demand the short time rate has fallen now to 500 baht? Is this correct? Or is it still around the 1000-1500 baht price point ?

Liked

Re: What is the current short time rate?

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I say that because of declining demand the short time rate has fallen now to 500 baht? Is this correct?
    Where did you get that from ?

Perhaps I am a little naive, but earlier in the year, I just carried on tipping in the normal range & made no attempt to exploit the situation.

3. 5 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 22nd, 2021), dab69 (August 21st, 2021), francois (August 21st, 2021), Patanawet (August 21st, 2021), riverdee (August 22nd, 2021)

Liked

Given the current situation they should be paid more, not less.

5. 10 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (August 21st, 2021), christianpfc (August 22nd, 2021), dab69 (August 21st, 2021), francois (August 21st, 2021), Oliver2 (August 22nd, 2021), Patanawet (August 21st, 2021), poshglasgow (August 31st, 2021), riverdee (August 22nd, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 21st, 2021), splinter1949 (August 21st, 2021)

Liked

Please don't be one of those asshole farangs who gloats when they barter a boy down by a few hundred baht. That always pissed me off while I was there.

7. 10 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (August 21st, 2021), Armando (August 21st, 2021), BenCH (August 21st, 2021), catawampuscat (August 21st, 2021), Dax (August 22nd, 2021), francois (August 21st, 2021), Patanawet (August 21st, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 21st, 2021), splinter1949 (August 21st, 2021), vnman (August 21st, 2021)

Liked

Last I heard, the bar girls in Phuket were trying to make up for lost earnings and were holding out for 3,000 - 4,000 - or so they were demanding..

When I'm in gay mode, I rarely entertain the same guy two days running. It's mostly short time, and the financial aspect is a bit fluid.

When I fancy female company for the night, I always have a little routine. Firstly, if a girl says 'how much you pay me?' she's hardened and I look for another girl.

Having brought a girl back to my room without discussing money and spent the night with her, I carefully fold up 1500 baht while the girl is showering in the morning, which I tuck into her back pocket when she kisses me goodbye. About 80% of those girls take it on trust, and don't check what I've given her until after leaving my room. And despite banter on the soi about holding out for 2000 minimum, those girls almost invariably live in the hope I'll barfine them again..

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 22nd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Given the current situation they should be paid more, not less.
    Whilst I see no reason to exploit the situation, I also see no logical reason to pay more either. I set out to neither underpay nor overpay.

Now if a board member tips in the middle of the short time range suggested in the opening post, the lad's received the equivalent of about 4 days on the minimum wage in Thailand. So he only needs about 1.5 clients per week to be equivalent to working 6 whole days on the minimum wage.

Also, all of the lads I met short time earlier this year were quite happy to come back again.
    However, when I asked them if they wanted to do short time or long time, the answer was always short time. Obviously there's a larger tip for long time and they might even get some meals out of it. However, they chose short time and didn't even enquire about how much extra they would get for long time.
    No sign of desperate finances there ! After all, if they were really struggling to get customers, they would go for long time and a bigger tip.
    Bear in mind, one long time off is going to be more than a week on the minimum wage.

Of course, the lads I see are in that exclusive group who are slim, cute, with no tattoos, breasts or facial hair. It's possible that they really were getting enough business, whilst some of the less attractive ones struggle more.

My observations were, of course, earlier in 2021. Perhaps it's more difficult now, if some expats & tourists are more reluctant to do offs due to covid.
    Most of the lads I see regularly have my Line ID. The only one who asked for money via that channel is the one who's expert at milking multiple farangs for their money. He can even remember most of the major exchange rates.
    None of the others have asked.

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 22nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

pay more?!...wtf...when did i go from being a walking atm to a charity...some people are simply too stooopid to be reasoned with...oike republican anti-vaxers

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    In a market economy price is set by market forces.

Since the number of gay farang tourists has declined due to the pandemic, I assume that the retired expats living in Pattaya, have the time of their life now? I say that because of declining demand the short time rate has fallen now to 500 baht? Is this correct? Or is it still around the 1000-1500 baht price point ?
    Yeah, you can always get a starving guy cheaper......

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Also, all of the lads I met short time earlier this year were quite happy to come back again.
    However, when I asked them if they wanted to do short time or long time, the answer was always short time. Obviously there's a larger tip for long time and they might even get some meals out of it. However, they chose short time and didn't even enquire about how much extra they would get for long time.
    Possibly this might be a reflection on the pleasure of your company? Another lecture on investment and financial planning might be hard to take?

"Just come, give me my money, and let me get out of here"!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Plenty of opinions but none of us are in Thailand, so how do we know the current rate?

Come on you expats please advise!

Or aren’t any of you doing any “offs” anymore?

16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (August 21st, 2021), goji (August 21st, 2021)