Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Poppers in Pattaya

Liked

Re: Poppers in Pattaya

WTF is "fake poppers" - gasoline? water?

What's generally available is all "fake" - low grade Butyl Nitrite that can have all sorts of nasty side effects including upper respiratory tract infections and damage to hearing - the only person I've ever known to sell the real stuff (i.e. pharmaceutical grade Amyl Nitrite) was a certain morbidly obese American - and never (to my knowledge) in Thailand

There is no comparison between the effect of those two substances

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post

What's generally available is all "fake" - low grade Butyl Nitrite that can have all sorts of nasty side effects including upper respiratory tract infections and damage to hearing - the only person I've ever known to sell the real stuff (i.e. pharmaceutical grade Amyl Nitrite) was a certain morbidly obese American - and never (to my knowledge) in Thailand

There is no comparison between the effect of those two substances
    Scotty, it does not matter what will be used - amyl, butyl, isobutyl, isoamyl, isopropyl or cyclohexyl, because the reaction involves only the "nitrite segment" of the molecule, which is the same in all of these chemicals. The only question is how many % of the original formula in the liquid and how much% are contaminants or simply added for the volume.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 5th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

think its a bottom thing...poppers give a a terrible headache..and sexually do nothing for me...

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post

My preference is to sniff someone else’s day- or two-day-old unwashed socks - just like poppers IMHO. Interestingly I’ve noticed one ot two guys here on Grindr (“here” is Oktoberfest) who have a smelly socks fetish

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Scotty, it does not matter what will be used - amyl, butyl, isobutyl, isoamyl, isopropyl or cyclohexyl, because the reaction involves only the "nitrite segment" of the molecule, which is the same in all of these chemicals. The only question is how many % of the original formula in the liquid and how much% are contaminants or simply added for the volume.
    I don't know what your background in chemistry is Moses and I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but would accept any verdict on the composition/formula from ChristianPFC - after all, it's his field of expertise.

What I can insist on is that there is (for me) a marked difference in effect (and side-effects) between the butyl nitrite commonly and widely sold as poppers and pharmaceutical grade Amyl Nitrite (which you can't easily buy). I have obviously tried both so I know the difference in effect (no headache, coughing etc., and a superior "rush" with the Amyl)

What I will concede is that (as you say) it may or may not be whether it's the Butyl or the Amyl which makes the difference - it may be the grade, of the product - with the cheap Butyl Nitrite products being manufactured to a lesser standard and under far less stringent conditions

Liked

I'm a popper virgin (after all these years) so I don't know much about them. But ... Butyl Nitrite? Isn't Butyl the active ingredient in a fucking cigarette lighter!!? And isn't Nitrates (an almost twin brother of Nitrites) the active ingredient in goddamn homemade bombs, one of which brought down a Federal government skyscraper in Oklahoma City??

What are you dudes DOING??? Bunch'a weirdos.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    I'm a popper virgin (after all these years) so I don't know much about them. But ... Butyl Nitrite? Isn't Butyl the active ingredient in a fucking cigarette lighter!!? And isn't Nitrates (an almost twin brother of Nitrites) the active ingredient in goddamn homemade bombs, one of which brought down a Federal government skyscraper in Oklahoma City??

What are you dudes DOING??? Bunch'a weirdos.
    Also used to preserve meat, Smiles https://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eat...s-and-nitrites

Liked

Formaldehyde is a more popular substance used to preserve meat, err... cadaver.

Liked

Yes. I believe some of our members here bathe in it.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Formaldehyde is a more popular substance used to preserve meat, err... cadaver.
    That explains a lot about some of our 82yo members