Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: A few days on a nice beach

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: A few days on a nice beach

Funny thing about air fares. Re Sexually Deviant''s post in March re the cheapest price for flights from Bangkok to Shanghai (see Post #54 above), TG and China Eastern have that route at about half that US$650 - $332 in fact. Lots of seats available at a couple of months notice.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...and the point being?? Anyone with half a brain knows that fares vary dramatically even on the same day....an early morning monday business commuter flight will cost a lot more than the same exact route 4 hours later on the same day...dont u know anything??? Its not like buying a sack of potatoes in the supermarket!! Geez...give me strength...am I the only lightbulb still on in this chandelier...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...and a447...some of my audits I get given a travel allowance...in plain english...they say..its a 3 day audit...its 8 hours flight away...hers 5 grand...meaning after flights/hotel/taxis/meals///the rest is mine...guess what...im not gonna go biz class...Im not gonna stay at the Hilton....Im not gonna be ordering USD12 glasses of wine....

As for my live in fuck toy...most trips I'm back within 5 days including travel...depends where my next audit is...most are not gay sexual hotspots...or they are in winter...
    Sometimes i feel like I communicating with total ignoramasus....clearly u have very cosy 9-5 mid level jobs in the sort of work environments where not much is demanded from u....like the local city council parks devision...

Liked

they say..its a 3 day audit...its 8 hours flight away...hers 5 grand...meaning after flights/hotel/taxis/meals///the rest is mine..
    Right. Some very sloppy accounting going on in that multi-national you are working for. I wonder what the bean-counters think of that.

Sure Im still grateful that most of my long haul travel is on biz...
    Really? Are you sure? Two days ago, in this thread, you posted this:

guess what...im not gonna go biz class...
    Your mistake was the 2/3 work time, 1/3 leisure time posted earlier. You should have had it the other way around. That way you would have enough time to travel to Thailand at least 4 times a year, travel elsewhere in the world, spend time with your partner and have lots of sex worn your live-in fuck buddy.

You didn't answer this question :

Why were you asking for cheap flights from Shanghai to Bangkok when you had all those ff points? You had no need to use your "travel allowance" or "dig into (your) own pocket because you had points! Remember?? And as a bonus, you qualified as "an international bon-vivant. " How good is that!

Nor did you explain why you would allow a guy to stay in your place for free all year when you tell us you are on the road 2/3 of your time. A very shame decision for someone who claims to be an auditor.

And one more question. You tell us you have moved to Australia, so what happened with your partner?

BTW, why am I not surprised that you have totally misunderstood the intent of fountainhall's post?
    Last edited by a447; December 17th, 2016 at 10:40.

Liked

Oops....try "strange decision."

Liked

Oops 2

sure Im still grateful that most of my long haul travel is on biz..
    was, in fact, posted two days ago.

This 15 minute editing window is way too short!

Liked

I wonder how the topic-starter (waz iz name) is doing with his choosing of a nice clean beach in Thailand?
    This thread's wanderings have gone askew. Just what Latin wanted. LatinTrolloxx wins again, and a quintissentual example of antics which make newer members exit the board. (And yes. I certainly fell into the trap as well).
    Last edited by Smiles; December 17th, 2016 at 13:52.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (December 17th, 2016), llz (December 18th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    Anyone with half a brain knows that fares vary dramatically even on the same day....an early morning monday business commuter flight will cost a lot more than the same exact route 4 hours later on the same day...
    indeed! But not on TG and China Eastern on the BKK/PVG route if you are booking a couple of months in advance. All flights are virtually the same fare - so close to half what you quoted it makes no difference.

I usually pay around USD650 for a return flight on China Eastern, seems to be the most reasonable price for a direct flight, can save around USD100 if I fly with Air Asia via another Chinese city but the hassle and time wasted is not worth it.
    You are obviously greatly overpaying! And why would you bother with Air Asia via another Chinese city when Air Asia has non-stops between these two airports? Don't reply it would save cash - because it wouldn't!

Liked

With very few exceptions, topics on here tend to be very narrow at best and banal at worst.

There is only so much to be said about where one might find a "nice beach" or where to get one's teeth fixed - and certainly only so much that ought to be said about a hotel which changes hands. For the avoidance of doubt, I include most topics I start myself in the list of banalities

Small wonder then that contributors frequently stray off-topic.

Factor in the "social" side of the board - that certain posters like to have a bit of interaction between them - and you can see the potential for off-topic posts.

Personally I think that's what makes this board vibrant and dynamic - and it's why I come here.

I certainly don't want to visit a board populated by crusty old anal retentives who get their knickers in a twist if someone posts content which takes a topic in a new direction

11. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 17th, 2016), arsenal (December 17th, 2016), christianpfc (December 21st, 2016), Smiles (December 18th, 2016)

Liked

I certainly don't want to visit a board populated by crusty old anal retentives who get their knickers in a twist if someone posts content which takes a topic in a new direction
    Exactly! Not that I'm suggesting you are a "crusty old anal retentive" member of the board, Smiles!

In normal conversation people tend to move from topic to topic and I don't recall anyone ever getting up and walking away because we started talking about something else. Inevitably, we end up back where we started, back on topic. Unless the original topic has run its course.

So as for newbies leaving, best they leave the board rather than take Latin's posts at face value and find themselves in heaps of trouble in a dark laneway in Pattaya.

Oh, BTW Smiles, guess who took the thread off-topic.

It was you on the very first page - post #7!

And what were you doing? Exactly what I and others have been doing ; i.e. taking Latin to task over the veracity of one of his posts.