Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: TT Exchange Pattaya

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: TT Exchange Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    I was last in pattaya in Oct,, . and used 50s every time I exchanged my UK cash , with no problem
    I've stopped bringing cash with me several years ago. At the time I was told about TransferWise. Since then I've never had a single problem in regards to cash.
    As long as you have a Thai bank account your money will be waiting for you when you arrive here. A Thai debit card is very convenient.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mason45 View Post
    I've stopped bringing cash with me several years ago. At the time I was told about TransferWise. Since then I've never had a single problem in regards to cash.
    As long as you have a Thai bank account your money will be waiting for you when you arrive here. A Thai debit card is very convenient.
    How do foreign nationals (particularly USA citizens) get a foreign bank account in Thailand. it appears very difficult without a long term visa and "
    permanent" address.

Liked

As it's been mentioned Thai banks don't seem to want foreign customers. Firstly try Bangkok Bank as one has to be an account holder when my visa agent does my one year visa for me. Kasikorn Bank and Krungsri Bank are also banks I would try out. If you get knocked back then don't be deterred by the the name of the bank as many branches seem to make there own rules. I went down this path many years ago and it's not only convenient but also safer as you have no need to carry more than a few thousand baht at a time.