Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok report April 2018

Liked

Re: Bangkok report April 2018

I have nothing whatsoever to contribute to this ongoing argument, or whatever it is. But I have to say that the following two quotes bother me. The difference in the way you and the guard perceived your fleeting "relationship" just makes me sad. I'm not suggesting either of you was "wrong," but it's just too bad you weren't able to be a little more receptive to what he saw as friendliness. But then again, he apparently had no idea he was annoying you, so "No harm done."

"There is a dickhead working at the hotel. Every morning when I was sitting outside furiously typing on my iPad, he would constantly come over to practise his English, even though he could see I was busy. It drove me mad!

" The young guy is not a bellboy. He's a security guard and wears a guard's uniform. It isn't his job to get taxis for clients. He only offered because "you my friend. Teach me English."

Liked

I've been a student of languages all my life. I speak more than one.

I usually am quite happy to allow others to practise with me - I even mentioned in this report how I'd been teaching the guys in the bar. The only way to improve is to talk to native speakers. It's how I learnt.

But there are times when we are busy and have to get on with other things. I can't just switch on "English teacher mode" at someone's convenience, as much as I'd like to.

But I was never rude to him. Never. I always smiled when I was showing him I had work to do. It's just that he wouldn't give up and kept asking me questions.

At other times during the day, I was more than happy to speak with him.

The way the Thais use the English word "friend" is not the same as the way we use it. It's a much looser term in Thailand. You can be called a "friend" after just sitting with a guy for a few minutes in a bar.

I doubt very much that he would ever use the Thai word "puan" (friend) when referring to me in a conversation with another Thai.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 2nd, 2018), paborn (April 29th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I've been a student of languages all my life. I speak more than one.

I usually am quite happy to allow others to practise with me - I even mentioned in this report how I'd been teaching the guys in the bar. The only way to improve is to talk to native speakers. It's how I learnt.

But there are times when we are busy and have to get on with other things. I can't just switch on "English teacher mode" at someone's convenience, as much as I'd like to.

But I was never rude to him. Never. I always smiled when I was showing him I had work to do. It's just that he wouldn't give up and kept asking me questions.

At other times during the day, I was more than happy to speak with him.

The way the Thais use the English word "friend" is not the same as the way we use it. It's a much looser term in Thailand. You can be called a "friend" after just sitting with a guy for a few minutes in a bar.

I doubt very much that he would ever use the Thai word "puan" (friend) when referring to me in a conversation with another Thai.
    Fair enough. As I said, I'm not saying you were wrong. I still think it's sad. Ironic maybe. But no big deal.

P.S. I meant to ask before: What's the thing you were served that looked like a snowball?

Liked

It's called "daifuku" in Japanese.

The outer skin is made of "mochi" which is made by beating steamed rice to make a skin that can be used to wrap various ingredients.

This was filled with whipped cream and pieces of fruit atop a small piece of sponge cake.

Absolutely delicious!

I wrote this on another board about the place :

They were lucky to get my business. I didn't see anyone working there so I waited, thinking they may have gone to the toilet. I waited and waited, but nobody appeared.

I leant over the counter and saw a young girl kneeling on the floor playing with her phone!

Don't these places have managers to check on this sort of thing?

It certainly wouldn't happen in Japan, that's for sure!

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

And while I'm at it, can you also please give this "I'm a 24 year old student from Singapore " bullshit a break?

As was shown conclusively last year on a number of occasions, you are not young and not from Singapore.
    I remember you asserting this, but I don't remember this being "shown conclusively".

Please show us where this was demonstrated "on a number of occasions".

7. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (April 30th, 2018)

Liked

Interesting, but not at all surprising, that you only remember me and nobody else making such assertions.

My comments, and those of others (for example fountainhall, who was the first to out him, and who you conveniently forgot to mention ) on this topic have been posted here many times in the past. The comments have not been deleted, so go look for them.

You seem to have conveniently forgotten that the robot also caught him out - he was not who he said he was. He was shown to be devious and dishonest and was banned.

You also conveniently ignore his proficiency in written English. Or do you believe a 24 year old non-native speaker could reach such fluency with such a short period of education and be capable of constructing such complicated sentences without a single mistake to be found? Even Christian, whose English is excellent, sometimes slips up. But not sglad!

You need to get out more and go and visit Singapore. You'll soon see that although their English is perfectly understandable, it is far from grammatically correct. Sglad is quite obviously a native-speaker. And an old one at that, if you look at his writing style.

And you also conveniently forgot the time sglad himself inadvertently told us he was an Australian. I refer to the post he made about prostitution being made legal. I pointed it out at the time. You know how to use the search function so go and look for it.

Why do you think a 24 year old guy woukd be hanging out in a forum populated by crusty old farang twice or three times his own age? Wouldn't a young Singaporean more likely hang out on the blowingwind forum instead, where there are many guys his own age and with similar interests? It's made for young Singaporeans, yet sglad had never heard of it! There's proof in itself that he is not a young guy from Singapore!

Finally, last year when you, surfcrest and I were involved in a dispute, I received a PM from an unknown member of the forum. It went into great detail about the history of the board and who certain members were and their various handles over the years. Most of the information I was already aware of. He went right back to the early 2000's.

I had no idea who it was at the time.

I'll leave it to you to come to the obvious conclusion.

As long as sglad keeps having a go at me,rather than my posted comments, I'll reply and remind people who he is. Or rather, who he isn't.

You can count on that!

Sglad wrote this yesterday :

"And when you don't love yourself, you can't have love for others."

How interesting that he doesn't love himself and finds it necessary to create a false persona.

I've made my point here and have no further interest in continuing this discussion. Unless, of course, I hear from sglad again.

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 2nd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I didn't mention a447's name even once in post #182, the one which apparently hit a nerve and which seemed to have inspired his latest attack on me. Like his lord and master fountainhole, a447 is (still) obsessing over my relative youth, which he brought up in post #184, not me. His attacks are not new and are mostly repetitions of the lies that fountainhole propagated about me after I turned down his advances. Questions involving my knowledge of the Blowing Wind forum, my command of the English language and my understanding of Chinese culture have already been addressed on the gaythailand forum (see link below) and have not been rebutted by a447 or fountainhole (aka Peter RS, among his many names on gay Thailand forums). To use his favourite adverb, a447 has conveniently forgotten about this. He has proven nothing. Instead he has disingenuously chosen to repeat the same old lies. And yes, some people might consider me a native speaker of English as English is the primary language in my home, what I speak with friends and has been the medium of instruction of my education. Personally I find the native-speaker label meaningless for it implies that all native speakers are created equal which is not the case at all. For example, Brad's English is far superior to a447's. Anyway, I'm not going to repeat myself. You can read about it here:

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/to...atdii-pii-mai/

PS You can ask abang1961 whether there are Singaporeans who write like me and he might tell you that I'm not exceptional.
    Last edited by sglad; April 29th, 2018 at 18:27.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You're an old Aussie like me, in Asia for the same reason - to pay to get laid. So get over it!
    Ah k, I think I understand your problem now. You want or assume everybody to be like you and if they are not, you attack.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    I didn't mention a447's name even once in post #182,..
    You didn't need to. You mentioned specific words that only I used on my comments; viz. dickhead and stupid.

So if you weren't referring to me, who were you talking about?

As usual, you have been very selective in what you have addressed, carefully avoiding the more awkward inconsistencies.

You can deal with those inconsistencies if and as you wish. I've merely highlighted some of them.

Brad wants conclusive proof, so let's give it to him.

Sglad, you were banned from this site when the robot noticed a new member - you - had also logged on with the name Sugargrandpa. The post was made using your IP address. Obviously, you were using 2 handles, when only 1 is permitted.

You made the following post on November 12th, 2016, 20:03, using your handle, Sugargrandpa :

Thai lessons in Pattaya

I'm looking for recommendations for a good school to learn Thai in Pattaya, preferably some place where you have personal experience with. I already speak enough Thai to get by but would like to improve myself and perhaps take up reading and writing. Recommendations for a personal tutor who has experience teaching over 60s would also be appreciated. I have no specific objectives other than an interest in the language and wanting to communicate better in it.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...t=sugargrandpa

That says it all.

Let's see you try and talk your way out of that!
    Last edited by a447; April 29th, 2018 at 19:51.

Liked

Oh, dear! What have I done?

Have my reports on Golden Cock led to the increase in customers?

For years customers were few and far between - I was almost always the only one in the bar and had the guys to myself. No real need to lock the doors; I could be guaranteed of fun, fun, fun without the threat of interruption.

Last night there was one customer sitting in the bar when I entered around 10:30. He had opened a second bottle of whisky and was surrounded by boys. I've only ever sat on the same sofa over all these years and it's quite comfortable -it had my name on it, and probably some of my DNA, too! - but now I was relegated to one closer to the bar. And it's as hard as a rock.

One of my guys who I had chuck-wowed earlier in the day, left the customer and came over and sat with me. After a few drinks he wanted a repeat performance. I told him I was uncomfortable doing anything when there is someone else in the bar, but in the end I sat with my back to him and did the deed.

Unlike Eros, Golden Cock is quite a cosy bar and you are sitting in close proximity to others.

Earlier in the day it took at least 20 minutes for him to cum and last night was no different. I fact, my arm was about to fall off so I let him take matters into his own hands.

Then in walks another customer. And another. And with the whisky flowing freely and my guy settling in for yet another drinking session, the bar was in full party mode. The first customer then started the karaoke. Oh, dear! It was dreadful.

One o'clock came around very quickly. Time to close. But right at the last minute another customer came in and sat at the bar. I figured he'd be allowed one drink and then that would be it.

I got up to pay my bill and suddenly found myself in conversation with him. He was Russian and on his first trip to Asia. He had no idea where to go, how the off system works, etc, so I decided to order another drink and sit with him and give him a few tips.

They closed the doors and all the boys gathered around the bar. We were soon joined by two more customers, one a guy who works at the Tarntawan.

The Russian guy was really horny and decided he'd off my guy. How dare he! He's my guy!

In the end, he decided not to as he figured the boy was too drunk and probably couldn't get it up. But he'll be back to the bar tonight to off him.

By now it was 2:30. The manager was offering me free drinks, but I'd had enough. I left with the Russian.

On the way out he asked me where he could find a guy for the night. My only suggestion was to try the apps or wander up to Soi Twilight - he might find a free-lancer sitting on the stairs outside the bank. And then off to bed.

Have I shot myself in the foot?
    Most definitely yes, thanks to you I alsoade the trip to Golden Cock. Well, I didn't have your kind of fun but very close. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow! Lol. Thanks again, you are indeed a gentleman

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 29th, 2018), paborn (April 29th, 2018)