Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: My quest for a Visa

Liked

Re: My quest for a Visa

i'm curious as to why either of you decided to jump through those hoops and expenses in order to get back there sooner than a vaccine arrives? do you have someone waiting there which is worth all this trouble? if so, then that is great. i don't mean to criticize you but really do you worry that when you get back there (hopefully you will succeed) you'll wonder why you went to all the additional fuss in order to get there and see what does/doesn't remain? and yes we will all be (somewhat jealously) waiting for your on-the-spot reports.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marc K View Post
    i'm curious as to why either of you decided to jump through those hoops and expenses in order to get back there sooner than a vaccine arrives? do you have someone waiting there which is worth all this trouble? if so, then that is great. i don't mean to criticize you but really do you worry that when you get back there (hopefully you will succeed) you'll wonder why you went to all the additional fuss in order to get there and see what does/doesn't remain? and yes we will all be (somewhat jealously) waiting for your on-the-spot reports.
    Arrange the following words to make the framework of a well-known saying - parted, fool, money

Liked

i'm curious as to why either of you decided to jump through those hoops and expenses in order to get back there sooner than a vaccine arrives?
    So far, the expense isn't a problem. My flight has cost several hundred less than normal. Add in the cost of the visa, the insurance and a covid-19 test, then as I step of the plane in Bangkok, the cost will be similar to normal.
    The hoops are not too bad, but if I fail that RT-PCR test or there are any other last minute problems, I might take a less positive view on matters.
    Having to spend 2 weeks in quarantine is the main disadvantage in all this. However, if I stay in the UK, there will probably be 2 weeks worth of grim weather where I don't want to go out. It's just that in Thailand, the 2 weeks is concentrated together, rather than spread across a British winter.

Once I'm out of quarantine, it should be warm & sunny, with all the usual attractions and some pretty attractive hotel prices. Perhaps fewer Laos & Khmer lads, but less competition from Farang customers as well.

Note: Please note, the previous post was just intended to inform people about time scales, rather than look like I'm in a visa race. I don't care who's first, as long as everyone who tries to make the trip is successful.

4. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (December 2nd, 2020), christianpfc (December 3rd, 2020), Dodger (December 3rd, 2020), gerefan2 (December 2nd, 2020), Manforallseasons (December 2nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i'm curious as to why either of you decided to jump through those hoops and expenses in order to get back there.
    I see you live in Hawaii. Ever had to live through a UK winter?!

6. User who gave Like to post:

goji (December 2nd, 2020)

Liked

USD$100,000 Insurance Covin Policy.....Sounds expensive to say the least???

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

......Having to spend 2 weeks in quarantine is the main disadvantage in all this.
    First and foremost, good luck on your journey.

As much as I'd dislike quarantining myself, I'd chose that in a heartbeat over spending the same two weeks in Chicago during the Winter. Plus the fact, that after quarantine the world is your oyster.

Also, if it were me, I know that the money I would save from my holiday budget that first 14 days would certainly offset the extra costs of obtaining the visa, quarantining, etc., and I would have 14 days to just relax and chat with boys on the dating apps to help pass the time.

Sticking to a regimented fitness routine (daily) would be a must. Keeping the mind occupied by exploring and researching interesting topics on the internet, writing to family/ friends, keeping a journey, etc. would also be important. Not everybody can quarantine. It requires a concerted effort to keep the mind and the body active as much as possible.

If you consider the money being saved during the quarantine process, and add to that the money you could save on a discounted hotel for the remainder of your holiday, you could very well end up spending less money than your previous holidays.

Good luck...the Boys will appreciate your arrival.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (December 24th, 2020), llz (December 3rd, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I see you live in Hawaii. Ever had to live through a UK winter?!
    No, I can't say I have. Is it really all that dreadful? And when it is over you have the crocuses and tulips and wildflowers to look forward to in spring, no? And you guys might be the first to get vaccinated, no? (Trump is really pissed that the UK is winning the race, not that I give a shit that Trump is pissed!)

You know it is interesting, but those of us in the torrid climate often dream about the ski slopes and a cup of hot chocolate at the lodge. I guess the grass is always greener, right?

Oh the news today in Hawaii is that we have 30-40 foot waves on the North Shore with hundreds of the world's best (hunkiest) surfers (Hawaiian boys and Australian boys and Chilean boys and... well you get the pic) risking their lives on those waves to impress everybody watching. Well they are pretty impressive! (the waves that is )

I can't recommend tourism to Hawaii just yet though, as we have quarantines here also and a frightening increase in cases. So I can't offer you a boy-delight, warm winter here this year alas. And, like everybody else, the people are suffering from a bad economy.

But, back to the original topic, hopefully it won't be too many more months before all this starts turning around. I'm still surprised people would need to get to Thailand (or Hawaii or wherever) quite so urgently. If we were 20-something, even 40-something, then not much to worry about but I assume most of us on this board passed their "Romeo 39th birthday" some time ago. Our risks are high. So, to those making a long international trek in search of sun and fun, please be careful!

11. 6 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 3rd, 2020), arsenal (December 3rd, 2020), aussie_ (December 3rd, 2020), goji (December 3rd, 2020), llz (December 3rd, 2020), siscu58 (December 4th, 2020)

Liked

Marc K wrote.
    "No, I can't say I have. Is it really all that dreadful? And when it is over you have the crocuses and tulips and wildflowers to look forward to in spring, no?"

The British winter is gruesome, often dark at 4.00pm. Miserable.

Crocuses, tulips and wildflowers do not compare to the cherry picking season in Paradise upon Sea.

Liked

...in order to get back there sooner than a vaccine arrives?
    I would not set my hopes for a vacation this winter on a vaccine.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The British winter is gruesome, often dark at 4.00pm. Miserable.
    Exactly. Here's the forecast where I am in the UK today.
    Two weeks quarantine to escape that seems like a fair trade to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images